MA Gap Plans

Question, only because I don't know.

I was under the impression that agents couldn't cross sell products to their MA clients. Do I not have accurate information?

I believe it is: cannot cross sell non health related products.
I have a CMS approved SOA that lists MA with Hospital Indemnity.

So, could I cross sell dental. Then a bit later, cross sell FE off the dental?

Thanks, I didn't realize that it was okay along as it was health related.

Does that mean that an agent can also sell them a LTC policy?

So, could I cross sell dental. Then a bit later, cross sell FE off the dental?

It is my understanding that one could.
Aren't we allowed to sell FE to our clients if we come back after 48 hours? I think so, but you're making me doubt myself. :1frown:

Aren't we allowed to sell FE to our clients if we come back after 48 hours? I think so, but you're making me doubt myself. :1frown:

You are going to have to ask someone who knows more about it than I do. I would say sell them everything they need that you can make a commission on.

That is what is logical and that is all about being a professional agent who wants to help their clients and prospects. I personally feel that I can't help a senior make an intelligent, well-informed decision without being to be able to freely discuss all of the options that are available to them. I don't see where CMS give me that latitude so I choose not to put myself in a position where I can't do that.

The SOA says you can offer MA, MAPD, Hospital Indemnity, and Dental in the same appointment. You can contact them later with other products just not in the same appointment.

And you can't just go out in your car and wait five minutes and then go back in. ;)

Bingo... the 48 hr rule... just cannot offer other products in the same appt as the MA.

Cross selling at a later point is almost mandatory, isn't it...? That is "IF" you want to stay in this business.

The SOA says you can offer MA, MAPD, Hospital Indemnity, and Dental in the same appointment. You can contact them later with other products just not in the same appointment.

And you can't just go out in your car and wait five minutes and then go back in. ;)

What if I wait in the car for 48 hours? If I sleep on the couch, does that count for waiting 48 hours?

Back