MA Gap Plans

I didn't realize that 1984 became a reality and Big Brother is watching our every move. All of these silly rules are for the immoral agents, not the ones who do their job professionally. In my business career I've been involved with motly state and city licensing without any problem. I even fought city hall and won. Logic confuses the government. For instance, I've been called twice about OEV calls getting a NO answer. Guess what it meant - NOTHING.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As far as indemnity plans for MAs, it's a waste of money. If the people can't save the money in a special account then they can work out a payment plan. I see those plans as a way to prey on an ignorant person.

Last edited:
Dowejonez:

Not sure why you think $300/day for hospital indemnity plan is high. The copay on UH MAPD is $395 per day for 4 days. Some agent's write the entire $395/day with GTL. The way I figure it is if they are in for 5 or more days the $300 per day will cover almost all of their copay because it keeps paying up to 10 days in hospital even though they only owe $1580 ($395 x 4 days).

Dowejonez:

Not sure why you think $300/day for hospital indemnity plan is high. The copay on UH MAPD is $395 per day for 4 days. Some agent's write the entire $395/day with GTL. The way I figure it is if they are in for 5 or more days the $300 per day will cover almost all of their copay because it keeps paying up to 10 days in hospital even though they only owe $1580 ($395 x 4 days).

What I tell my clients, those that have this GTL Med Adv gap plan, is to beg the Dr to keep them in the hosp until they max out their indemnity for in patient number of days. They all seem to like the strategy pretty well so far and they are all making lots of extra money doing so.

Patient: "Please Doc, just one more day... I've only been here 9 days now and I have that 10 day plan with GTL."

Doc: "Oh sure, one more day won't hurt anyone, no problem"

Does anyone know if it is possible to get contracted for AARP Hospital Indemnity Plans from United Health Care?

They have a website for client to enroll online (https://www.myhospitalplan.com/view-plans.html) but can't find any contracting info.:no:

I have called UHC, UHC agent help desk contracting, AARP, Golden Rule spec. products, etc., etc. ... no definite answer on how or if possible to contract to offer the plans.

Companies that seem to have a good plan:
GTL Advantage+
Washington National Indemnity
Humana Hospital Cash Plan

Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get contracted for AARP Hospital Indemnity Plans from United Health Care?

They have a website for client to enroll online (https://www.myhospitalplan.com/view-plans.html) but can't find any contracting info.:no:

I have called UHC, UHC agent help desk contracting, AARP, Golden Rule spec. products, etc., etc. ... no definite answer on how or if possible to contract to offer the plans.

Companies that seem to have a good plan:
GTL Advantage+
Washington National Indemnity
Humana Hospital Cash Plan

Thanks for any info.

I'm contracted with Equitable Life & Casualty Co. Also, with GTL. They both have reasonable products.
I have run across somebody with a UHC hospital indemnity plan, one time. GTL doubled their benefits for the same price...something to keep in mind.

Thanks for response tins,

The AARP plans are the only ones I found in my state that offer coverage for the first 20 days of skilled nursing (prem. appox. $10 month pays $60 day 1-20 skilled nursing ). I sell a lot of AARP MA plans. The skilled nursing with the MA plan is a client co-pay of $50 day 1-20.

So a plan that takes care of the hospital co-pay (GTL appox. $30 for $270 day 1-10 hospital) and a plan that covers the skilled-nursing would cover some of the big gaps in the AARP MA plans in my state. Some of my clients would really like that option of paying appox. $40 month with a $0 premium MAPD instead of a Med Supp plan. That is why I am looking for contracting info with the AARP plans.

Does anyone know how GTL and Continental Life Insurance stack up with each other for these indemnity plans?

I was told Continental had better rates but I haven't had a chance to check yet and it is not my specialty. Was hoping to hear from some of you who had first hand experience or were willing to check seeing that you could ask the appropriate questions and get to the bottom of it.
THANKS!

Back