MAPD/MED SUPPS Grassroots Marketing

Thanks for the help!
Just wondering though, I already have a page called "quotes" there. Not sure if you didn't see it. Goes to show that seniors might not either. I like that floating quote plug in tho. I'll have to check it out

Thanks for the help!
Just wondering though, I already have a page called "quotes" there. Not sure if you didn't see it. Goes to show that seniors might not either. I like that floating quote plug in tho. I'll have to check it out

I see it now, but no that little tiny "quote" link won't do. Either drop the form in the header with a nice graphic, or at the very least make a really nice "Get Quote" button over at cooltext for free and put it on your homepage above the fold in that upper right-hand widget and link it to that quote page.

Like I said, you're close.

Being new and still learning is great. Everyone who knows a lot about this stuff all started in the exact same position you're in now. Most importantly is that you try, learn, and keep building on your knowledge. Google is your friend. That and patience. You can always find someone on Fiverr or Upwork to do this for you, it should not be very expensive. Far below what you'd make on one deal for sure.

Yes a simple quote form, such as this one: https://www.senior65.com/quote
with a nice picture of a Senior couple in the banner instead of your slider pictures would likely be like night and day. That particular site uses Quotit to actually offer quotes, many sites out there offer no quotes at all and just have a message stating someone will call them. Using a form plugin in WP such as contact form 7 or something allows you to put a message that they will see afterwards.

The point is to remove those sliders and actually put some sort of call to action for people to actually give you their information. Whether you offer something of value in return, such as quotes, is entirely up to you but at least you're giving them a reason to provide their info, something you do not currently have. I would also still beef up that home page content to keep them on the page should the scroll right by your call to action and want to learn more. There are WP plug ins that even have floating quote forms that follow the person down the page as they scroll, or you can add another quote form at the bottom of the content.

Create a separate WP page called "Quotes" and put the form on there as well. That way you can always put a button anywhere on your pages that says "Get Quotes" and link it to your new quote page that has the form. Again, little by little you learn more and more and implement things and test them. Building a high converting, successful site takes some trial and error and lots of testing.

This is all a must if you want to generate leads, but particularly a must if you're paying for traffic. Let us know how it goes.

https://www.senior65.com/quote is cool except that button #1 says "Orignial Medicare"... That's not your site is it Bevo?

There is some great advice on here!

I tell agents the purpose of a website is for the client to have a clear path to an action, which would be to contact you either by phone or email (or fax, or messenger pigeon, smoke signals, etc.)

With Facebook, it is a great way to be active online and for SEO when someone Google's your name. Will this happen a lot? Hard to say, but the more active you are, the more people will see you, etc.

If you want to put the time in, I would suggest with FB that you actually friend your clients, not just get them to like your FB business page. This can create far more interaction with your clients. You can post (with their permission) that you had met with them and helped them with their Medicare coverage. Something like:
Thank you [client name] for allowing me to help you with your Medicare coverage. If you need anything, please feel free to message me or call me direct at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.
The advantage of this post is when you tag your client, it will appear on their timeline for all their friends to see it.

I have two FB accounts, one personal and one business. My family has a warped sense of humor at times (okay, most of the time). I try and keep that separate from my clients (which are now agents I work with) so I made a more business focused FB account. You just need two different email addresses.

Hope this helps!

I use it so people know what I do for a living. (That's a chick issue. Don't get me started)

I also ask people to tag the business page when their friends are complaining about ACA or Medicare or whatever. The besties know to "like and share" anything the business posts.

Last year, someone on the Jewish Moms of Dallas page posted about not being able to find a PPO. One of my FP's said call Jenny, here's her number.

I've written twelve 2 person groups and counting from 1 post.

For Med Supp, I get people from church that know this is what I do and the call me.

Do you need one? Yes.

Is it free? Yes.

Do you waste more time on the forum than the 1 post a week you need to do from the FB page? Yes.

Are you going to get a lot of business from it? NO

i've been thinking on this overnight.

I think part of my resistance to FB is that it would pretty much crash my last computer. This one is slightly better.

But, in regard to insurance, I don't want to play in the water with the fish, just want to sit on the bank and reel them in. I think that's the reason I like the concept of a website better than the concept of a FB account.

----------

I would agree. That's why I laugh every time the VistaPrint commercial comes on with the guy saying how great his business is because of his new business cards and print from of course...VistaPrint.

A simple, pretty, inexpensive website (online business card) is fine and necessary for someone in business if you're not going to pursue lead generation.

This post confuses me. In other posts you seem to be saying online presence is important. In this one you seem to be agreeing that it is trivial.

What do I focus on to get the takeaway you would want someone to have?

This post confuses me. In other posts you seem to be saying online presence is important. In this one you seem to be agreeing that it is trivial.

What do I focus on to get the takeaway you would want someone to have?

I'd have to say your confusion is due in part to not taking into consideration the post I was commenting on, but perhaps I didn't clarify enough as well.

The poster was discussing the fact that websites in general for most people are overrated, and for the average person I agree entirely. My comment regarding Vistaprint is that their commercial preys upon new business owners who always rush right out to get not just business cards but a ton of print media made up, giving them the impression that somehow that will make them successful. It won't.

That being said I feel it's necessary for everyone in business to have a website, however they do not need to put a ton of work into it unless they want to take on the effort and/or cost it takes for it to be seen. Otherwise simple and clean is fine, something that people can find you online for the sake of basic credibility.

The problem arises when people think they can throw up a simple website and do nothing to it, and it will have some substantial effect on their business (Such as those 10000 business cards sitting in their desk drawer). You will be on page 151 of Google and NO ONE will ever find you unless you put in effort to market it. I know several people who have paid in upwords of $5000 - 10,000 for website design and then ask "but where's all our new business?". FWIW many designers tend to know very little about online marketing and SEO. Hell most people offering SEO know very little about SEO, most of that market is pure scam.

Then there are those who are actually going to pursue "marketing" their website for the purpose of lead gen. This is an entirely different category.

So the takeaways to focus on are these:

1) Have a website if you're in business. Choose to either put in effort to market that website, or face the reality that it is only for credibility if someone looks you up and you will likely get very little value otherwise. Keep expectations low (after all, if your input is low your outcomes will match accordingly. Basic, easy stuff)

2) Build a website for the purpose of marketing it. Plan on a long process of continually building your knowledge, trial and error, testing, failures, and hopefully success. Oh bring some cash with you too...

I'll also repeat the main point I've made often regarding not just marketing in general, but particularly marking for Med Supps where we have the amazing residual component:

Find a marketing technique that allows you to write deals within your desired cost per acquisition (CPA) and ride it as hard as you can afford to, while also looking for other techniques in your spare time to hopefully continue to lower your CPA.

Hope that helps.

You could sit at a table in the Food Court with a cardboard sign that says, "Ask Me About Medicare". :)

Just kidding Bob.:laugh:

This is how I got started in the business. I would sit at a local discount mall during AEP. My average was 2 sales a day, 7 on my best day. These were MAPD sales.

I've also done local ethnic supermarkets, not as much success there but still worth it.

Now I concentrate on Senior centers and churches.

Your site is on WP, clicky works for it. You haven't gotten leads because nowhere on the homepage does it ask people to get quotes. At the very least you should change the "Contact Us" to something far more enticing, but you might consider changing that widget all together to a big "Get Quotes" button that links to a form. Or have the form right under it. The issue is there's a ton of valuable real estate being eaten up by the slider/header so any call to action you put there will have have of it under the fold which isn't optimal.

I like the site. The logo and colors work great. You're already getting traffic so spending some time or money replacing the image slider with a static picture and a quote form in the header would be worth it and work wonders IMO.

You're very close. If you're ranking for any terms now that you know of, really beefing up that home page content to 1000 words then adding many more pages based around those keywords (properly linked) would help tremendously.

Just my 2 cents.

Just spent the better part of an hour trying to find the right floating button that will say "Get Quotes" and have it Link to my quote form. Got any plugin ideas?

Back