Med Sup Carrier Prices

MedStar

How do agents go about getting all the carriers Medicare Supplement prices for the plans each year to determine the cheapest one?

How do agents go about getting all the carriers Medicare Supplement prices for the plans each year to determine the cheapest one?
Med sup prices change all year long. You have to run a quote comparison each time you quote them. They aren’t January 1st to December 31st like MA.

Also age, gender and smoking status all play a factor in the rate.

Med sup prices change all year long. You have to run a quote comparison each time you quote them. They aren’t January 1st to December 31st like MA.

Also age, gender and smoking status all play a factor in the rate.
Ah right thank you

No . . .

As @bluediamond noted, there are other factors.
Does it really matter in the states with anniversary or birthday rules? (Putting agent comp aside.) In these areas, what’s the real risk to the enrollee should a company leave or get silly with prices?

About 10% of my book is SUP and my recommendations are biased toward rates although I usually skip the absolute lowest carrier because it’s always a company I’ve never heard of before.

My question isn’t a leading question. I’m interested in hearing more from agents who write tons of SUPs. Thanks.

Walter

Back