Med Supp with Final Expense

The hard part is finding a company that offers both and has competitive rates for both. Typically, it's one or the other.

If you do find one, take a look at the Final Expense commission. Typically, it will be a good bit lower than a stand alone Final Expense product.

I guess if you want an easier sale and you want to save the customer some money, just combine the Med Sup and FE company that you feel is best for the customer. The only time I really find it beneficial to offer both together is when they are paying way too much for their Med Supp and you could give them an FE and Med Supp for the same price they are paying now. "Mrs. Jones, you are now paying $190 a month for your Medicare Supplement. I can do it for the same price but this one includes a burial policy for 10k that will pay your final expenses."

Or whatever...

Then you explain their options and let them choose what is best for them...

I guess if you want an easier sale and you want to save the customer some money, just combine the Med Sup and FE company that you feel is best for the customer. The only time I really find it beneficial to offer both together is when they are paying way too much for their Med Supp and you could give them an FE and Med Supp for the same price they are paying now. "Mrs. Jones, you are now paying $190 a month for your Medicare Supplement. I can do it for the same price but this one includes a burial policy for 10k that will pay your final expenses."

Or whatever...

Then you explain their options and let them choose what is best for them...

The biggest mistake I see agents make who are attempting to cross sell a FE policy to a new Med Supp client is trying to get all of the money they saved them by putting it all in a FE plan. In other words, they get "greedy".

When I cross sell a FE plan I only attempt to get a portion of the money I save them, not all of it. My goal is to always leave them with additional money "in their pocket" when possible.

Greed, along with egos, is the most destructive force in the universe. It has ruined countries, governments, companies and individuals.

It is much better to "help one's new client" instead of seeing how much money of their can be captured. It's okay to leave some money "on the table".

Back