Medi-Cal and MAPD, seperately

bc22

If a Medicare recipient has Medi-Cal, but does not qualify for a DSNP (or there's not one available in their county), can they join a regular MAPD and will Medi-Cal cover their copays? Or are they better off remaining on Original Medicare and Medi-Cal only?

If a Medicare recipient has Medi-Cal, but does not qualify for a DSNP (or there's not one available in their county), can they join a regular MAPD and will Medi-Cal cover their copays? Or are they better off remaining on Original Medicare and Medi-Cal only?

In Florida and i think this is true for all states if they are partial dual they will have a dollar amount ( aprox their monthly income - 200.00 ) that is their share of cost amount and if their incurred medical cost share reaches that dollar amount within the month and they used providers that accept medicaid the bills can be submitted to medi-cal

The problem you will encounter is no DSNP plans require the MAPD and MediCal Cards each time or they could be billed. Once billed they disenroll. Not sticky business IMO and I would not write. The biggest reason I left CA.

Back