Medicaid and Medicare but not dual eligible?

jack3454

Super Genius
Someone who has medicare and Medicaid, but was denied MSP due to assets…what do they do? Just keep medicare and Medicaid and use those together for their health insurance?Or enroll in a regular MAPD? Ive never dealt with this before.

I thought if someone had Medicaid, they could enroll in a dual eligible plan, but apparently thats not the case from what I found out. They didnt count assets for Medicaid, but counted assets for the MSP.

Someone who has medicare and Medicaid, but was denied MSP due to assets…what do they do? Just keep medicare and Medicaid and use those together for their health insurance?Or enroll in a regular MAPD? Ive never dealt with this before.

I thought if someone had Medicaid, they could enroll in a dual eligible plan, but apparently thats not the case from what I found out. They didnt count assets for Medicaid, but counted assets for the MSP.\

is this person just starting medicare and was on straight medicaid before?If so that medicaid ends when they started medicare .the medicare savings program IS the medicaid for people with medicare so evidently this person is not dual eligible- put them on a regular MA plan if suitable

is this person just starting medicare and was on straight medicaid before?If so that medicaid ends when they started medicare .the medicare savings program IS the medicaid for people with medicare so evidently this person is not dual eligible- put them on a regular MA plan if suitable

Yes, he was on Medicaid before, then turned 65 this month. I didnt realize that the Medicaid ends but what you said makes sense, I think he just doesnt know that his Medicaid has/is ending. Thank you for responding!

Back