Medicare/Private Insurance Done if Kamala wins….

Why would Medicare for all wipe us out? We have Medicare for 65+ right now and we all stay pretty busy with it.

If they added it for everyone wouldn’t that just be more business for us?
Medicare for all would make it illegal for insurance companies to conduct business in the health markets. It would be strictly Original Medicare Parts and B. Except without the deductibles and coinsurance.
Medsupps and MAPD would be a thing of the past

Not sure how prescriptions would work

What's to keep them for putting all Medicare products(except Med supps) on an Exchange i.e Obamacare ? And cutting out the agent entirely. It's already happening with PDPs....carriers would love it. Soon most Medicare recipients will be at least somewhat internet savvy, and if not they can wait on hold for hours for a telemarketer to "help" them....not like the gov. cares. Of course this would only happen if Kamala is elected. If Trump gets back in it should be a good 4 years to be selling MAPDs. But eventually we are all getting "downsized" I say prepare now.
Hard disagree. The average person I speak to (like 90%) doesn't even know who to call to activate parts A and B and don't know what the difference between a copay and coinsurance is.

People can be as technologically savvy as possible, it still doesn't change the fact that most people have very little knowledge of insurance.

And that's understandable, because it's a very confusing field with a million rules and laws that are constantly changing. They will always need agents. Technological skills aren't the issue, lack of knowledge is.

Plus, you're dealing with a population that has been massively dumbed-down, entitled, and wants everything done for them. Most people don't even have the energy or will to handle this. They already tried cutting agents out of Obamadontcare, and it spectacularly backfired.

All this, and that's without even mentioning all the sales they would lose by not having agents out there actively incentivized to get more business for themselves and the companies.

Agents are an extremely cheap benefit to have in the overall scheme of things.

Last edited:
Medicare for all would make it illegal for insurance companies to conduct business in the health markets. It would be strictly Original Medicare Parts and B. Except without the deductibles and coinsurance.
Medsupps and MAPD would be a thing of the past

Not sure how prescriptions would work
What is making you assume that? We have Medicare for some now. And it has deductibles and co-pays.
What makes you assume that if they expanded it to all that it wouldn’t have deductibles and co-pays? If that were true, wouldn’t it make logical sense that they would eliminate the deductibles and co-pays on what we currently have first? To make sure that would work.

What is making you assume that? We have Medicare for some now. And it has deductibles and co-pays.
What makes you assume that if they expanded it to all that it wouldn’t have deductibles and co-pays? If that were true, wouldn’t it make logical sense that they would eliminate the deductibles and co-pays on what we currently have first? To make sure that would work.
This man speaks truth.

About 5 years ago, the woman literally said she wanted to do away with absolutely all insurance. For what it's worth, she also walked this statement WAY back soon after, as I think she realized this is not what the general public wants at all.

My guess is also because Obama and Biden authored Obamacare, which very much involves insurance, and her statement made both of them look bad. Her entire political career revolves around riding Obama and Biden's nuts.

She sided with the small amount of extremely communist-minded people, back then, like Bernie Sanders, "the goof troop" (sorry...."The Squad", led by AOC), and Pramila Jayapal.

I remember back then that communist-ideology was EXTREMELY trendy and loud, but has since been walked WAY back, as there has since been a huge public backlash. But it still stands that something this ridiculously extreme and clownish came out of her mouth.

She flip flops with ease and changes direction like the wind. She is not stable at all. People like this in government are very dangerous.

Last edited:
Back