Medigap - "Perverse Incentives" - Warren wants to regulate Med Supps

This woman has never regulated a business sector that she didn't completely misunderstand. It's actually beyond embarrassing that this person is allowed to have a huge hand in making laws. How dare a PRIVATE business use their PRIVATE money and compensate their employees. Medigap supplements are a FREE market.

No consumer has a gun to their heads, forcing them to go with any one company. Prices for supplements do vary, but not by a lot, generally, because they need to stay COMPETITIVE with each other.

There are many different factors that go into that price. Different companies are run differently and have different prices for different reasons. Some companies are run better than others. Some have higher operating costs. As a result, prices will vary among different products. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

No Medicare beneficiary is gonna be switched to a plan where they have to pay MORE for a supplement. There is no reason ANYONE would do that when they can stay where they are and pay less. As an agent, that would make you look like an ***, and no person would ever go for that, obviously. Anytime someone is switched, it SAVES them money. That's what we agents/brokers do. SAVE people money using the inside and in-depth knowledge we have of the industry.

Aquafina water costs $7.00 at Costco but $6.00 at Sam's Club. Same exact product, different stores, different prices. Why? Because there are MANY factors that went into how it got to the store. Operating costs are different. Is it fair? No. Is it life and understandable? Yes. Does anyone have a gun to your head forcing you to buy water at Costco? NO! It's sad that I would need to explain this to a 73 year old adult that's been a Senator for 10 years.

I swear, this Warren woman is an absolute moron, and I cannot stand this lady. This is why I never vote Democrat. Sorry...I know there's some great Democrat PEOPLE out there, but your party is a control-hungry mess. What we really need are no more lawyers and no more career politicians. These people have zero understanding of business or the real world.

Last edited:
So now we have to tell them we don’t represent all companies AND we may receive perverse incentives to sell policies?

So now we have to tell them we don’t represent all companies AND we may receive perverse incentives to sell policies?

Thinking we must be the worst crooks in the U.S. All of us out there trying to help the Senior population with their myriad of choices and options and screwing them any chance we get. Politicians and CMS need to GTFO and let us do our jobs we are trained to do. 95% of us are trying to do the right thing which I’m guessing is higher then a lot of occupations.

Last edited:
Thinking we must be the worst crooks in the U.S. All of us out there trying to help the Senior population with their myriad of choices and options and screwing them any chance we get. Politicians and CMS need to GTFO and let us do our jobs we are trained to do. 95% of us are trying to do the right thing which I’m guessing is higher then a lot of occupations.
Particularly, CONGRESS!

OK. So Pocahontass wants to take over medicare. What's the big deal?

Actually, she and her liberal cohorts want much more than that.

When I started out in the 70's there were a few liberals that were pushing for a tax on the cash value build up in your life insurance policy. They didn't have the votes then but do you think for a minute that they've forgotten about the billions just sitting there in cv life insurance?

The insurance industry used to be regulated by the states. Not so much any more. Who regulates Obamacare. The Feds. Who regulates Medicare Advantage. The Feds. One piece at a time. They're in no big hurry.

As of today, they want your air conditioners, your gas stove, your guns, your cars and you childrens sex lives. What's next. All of it.

Back