Trump wants to make MAPD default option

Just look it up. We have the best economy in the world. Highest GDP. Yes everything is higher but wages are outpacing inflation right now.

If you say so. Not many people have had 30%+ increases in pay over the last 3 years. You can go by what figures the government gives you or you can go by real world situations.

That person that could qualify for a $400,000 mortgage 3 years ago can now only qualify for $265,000 mortgage due to much higher mortgage rates. And the price of homes have increased a good bit over that 3 years which means the price of that $400,000 home 3 years ago is likely much higher.

Hell, I refinanced my house 4 years ago to go with a shorter loan period. In December I added a HELOC just to have funds available if needed. In that 4 years my appraisal value went up $200,000.

Seeing that this is the senior forum, we deal with lots of seniors whose incomes have not come close to keeping up with the increase in costs for every day items. I have countless conversations with clients who are in disagreement with yours and the current administrations assessment of the state of our economy.

And if everybody is making more money now, why are we seeing big increases in delinquencies on payments? Must be reckless spending. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with a family of 4 seeing their cost for groceries increase be $400+ per month along with increases in costs for virtually everything they spend their money on.

You didn't know the President can make unilateral decisions. And you admit that you don't think Biden is making any. But you also don't think there is a secret president.

😆😆😆

I don't think you have an opinion worth anyone's time anyway.

Google "cognitve dissonance". You will find your picture.

I am starting to see why half the people in here have you muted 😶

Americans’ collective credit card balance crossed the $1 trillion threshold for the first time in the second quarter last year. And the spending spree continued through the holiday season. Historically, credit card balances dip during the first quarter as people start paying off their seasonal spending. The New York Fed report captures consumer credit data as of Dec. 31, 2023.

Bankrate found that 49 percent of consumers carry a balance month to month, up from 39 percent in 2021. And 58 percent of those with credit card debt have had it for at least a year, up from 50 percent in 2021.

If you say so. Not many people have had 30%+ increases in pay over the last 3 years. You can go by what figures the government gives you or you can go by real world situations.

That person that could qualify for a $400,000 mortgage 3 years ago can now only qualify for $265,000 mortgage due to much higher mortgage rates. And the price of homes have increased a good bit over that 3 years which means the price of that $400,000 home 3 years ago is likely much higher.

Hell, I refinanced my house 4 years ago to go with a shorter loan period. In December I added a HELOC just to have funds available if needed. In that 4 years my appraisal value went up $200,000.

Seeing that this is the senior forum, we deal with lots of seniors whose incomes have not come close to keeping up with the increase in costs for every day items. I have countless conversations with clients who are in disagreement with yours and the current administrations assessment of the state of our economy.

And if everybody is making more money now, why are we seeing big increases in delinquencies on payments? Must be reckless spending. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with a family of 4 seeing their cost for groceries increase be $400+ per month along with increases in costs for virtually everything they spend their money on.
So you don't believe the government figures. Let me guess, you support Trump.

Let's see what other countries are paying for a gallon of gas...

• Hong Kong, $11.605.
  • Iceland, $8.843.
  • Monaco, $8.547.
  • Netherlands, $8.474.
  • Liechtenstein, $8.410.
  • Norway, $8.346.
  • Denmark, $8.203.
  • Switzerland, $8.191.
I paid $2.89 a gallon when I filled up. Isn't it great it's so much lower?

• Hong Kong, $11.605.
  • Iceland, $8.843.
  • Monaco, $8.547.
  • Netherlands, $8.474.
  • Liechtenstein, $8.410.
  • Norway, $8.346.
  • Denmark, $8.203.
  • Switzerland, $8.191.

So the average gas price in FL is $3.20, and you got it for $2.89, and now you’re convinced the rest of the country outside of your little magic area has the same prices that you paid LOL

I just paid $4 a gallon 2 days ago. Isnt it great it’s so…oh nevermind.

So the average gas price in FL is $3.20, and you got it for $2.89, and now you’re convinced the rest of the country outside of your little magic area has the same prices that you paid LOL

I just paid $4 a gallon 2 days ago. Isnt it great it’s so…oh nevermind.
Right.

I was comparing it to other countries. Never mind is 2 words. Oh nevermind.

• Hong Kong, $11.605.
  • Iceland, $8.843.
  • Monaco, $8.547.
  • Netherlands, $8.474.
  • Liechtenstein, $8.410.
  • Norway, $8.346.
  • Denmark, $8.203.
  • Switzerland, $8.191.

I certainly believe the government numbers are accurate based on the metrics they use. Unfortunately, they don't measure our every day items. Are you saying prices haven't increased dramatically in the last 3 years? If so, please tell me where you do your grocery shopping. Or the cost for electricity and natural gas. Or the prices at restaurants. Again, every day items we spend our money on.

And I didn't say anything about gas in my prior post, but somehow that's the ONLY topic you bring up in reply. You didn't address any of the actual items I listed. Yay, you paid $2.89 per gallon. What did you pay in January 2021? What was it in June 2022? All the extra cost we've had in gas for the last three years is money that's gone and can never be recouped even if/when gas prices come back down. And you know all those stores from which we buy products (groceries, clothing, etc.), those products have to be delivered to them on a truck. The truck uses gasoline to get it there. When that trucking company has higher costs, they pass those costs on to the company that is sending the product. That company then has to raise the prices of their product to compensate for their increased production/delivery costs. And all the consumers get to foot the bill for that. Also known as inflation.

And nowhere did I say anything about Trump. As I've mentioned before, just because I don't like diarrhea doesn't mean I like constipation. I can be against Biden and not for Trump. Policy wise, Trump was better than Biden. I don't like Trump as a person, but if he is going to make my life better with the policies he passes and enforces, then I'd vote for him over Biden.

You're self-employed right? How do you like that 20% qualified business tax deduction? I'm a huge fan of that. And how about that huge increase in the standard deduction? That helped a lot of people. Not a single Democrat voted for that. I mean not a single one in the House or the Senate. Luckily Trump and a Republican Congress got it passed. You could just say thank you since you are likely benefiting from it.

The Biden admin is weighing executive action to deter illegal migration at the border

The unilateral measures under consideration might upset some progressives in Congress, the officials said, but they noted that Democratic mayors who have asked for more help from the federal government to handle the influx of migrants in their cities would be pleased.

😂😂😂😂😂

You mean like the remain in Mexico order that Trump had in place? The one that Biden rescinded?

Eviction rates absolutely through the roof. Car repossessions through the roof. Costs of all goods, services, and rent through the roof. Wages not even remotely keeping up with inflation. People working two and sometimes even 3 jobs just to SURVIVE. Tons of layoffs everywhere you look. And the message from the Biden administration and his 20% devoted minions that are in deep cognitive dissonance denial............

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 7.33.08 AM.png

You know the BALLS it takes to sit there with a straight face and be like "Yup, everything is great....economy is improving!"

Last edited:
Back