Mega/Healthmarkets Agents Selling Golden Rule???

Nov 13, 2009

1. CustomInsurancePlans

CustomInsurancePlans New Member

Couldn't believe my ears when I heard that several UGA agents out of a Division in Texas were heading to an Airport hotel to be trained on selling the UHC Platinum Series....????

Can anyone back this up?

2. IAC.Ryan

IAC.Ryan Super Genius

State:
    Arizona
    I've actually heard a similar note. From what I was told - UHC bought the mega block - so NASE etc will be selling Golden Rule moving forward.

IAC.Ryan, Nov 13, 2009
  3. YouGotMyMoney

YouGotMyMoney Guru

State:
    Florida
    Yep they are currently selling GR Plat.

4. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    UGA will become InSphere: Insphere Insurance Solutions

Starting now but totally converting in Jan of '10 they will be selling most major medical carriers and attempt to be the number 1 captive health insurance agency in the country with a full carrier product portfolio.

HealthMarkets is owned by the Blackstone Group which is financed partially by Goldman Sachs...which means they have all the marketing capital in the world at their disposal.

5. CustomInsurancePlans

CustomInsurancePlans New Member

What a dumb name.

I just found out that they didn't buy their book of business (no one wants that)...

What's stopping these misfits from misrepresenting UHC just like they did Mega products? Will they be selling virtually with electronic apps or continue face to face? Do UGA Agents know how to use computers?

6. brookfieldpartners

brookfieldpartners Expert

State:
    Massachusetts
    That is very interesting....InSphere is being run by Phil Hildebrand. One of the old powers of New York Life. He knows how to run a career agent system.

It will be interesting to see what is done. I am sure we will see them around us soon.

7. ins.dave

ins.dave Guru

State:
    Kansas
    Why all that work when we will have "free," health insurance for everyone supplied by Uncle Barry?
    Right.

ins.dave, Nov 14, 2009
  8. motoxxx

motoxxx Super Genius

Dave, you just made coffee run out of my nose!

Great, now I have to deal with Mega Agents again? Man, I thought when I left that company 5 years ago that they all had crawled under a rock somewhere, never to be seen or heard from again.

Uncle Barry is gonna save us!.............:no:

motoxxx, Nov 19, 2009
  9. 81Firebird

81Firebird Expert

State:
    Michigan
    What will they pay the agents- 5%? How else will their pyramid manager structure work.

10. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    My source tells me it's 15% to agents for selling GR. IMHO, I don't think GR would allow InSphere to comp less.