MEGA pays as promised!

You have to understand that Mega agents are trained that major medical is a con. What they use a lot of is "UC" vs "UCR" and when sitting down with their client they paint a picture of a $50,000 "Blue Cross" claim but BX only pays $10,000 of it and leave the client stuck with $40,000.

They normally tell clients stuff like: Don't be fooled by the other carriers and they're "unlimited benefits" sir. You go for that $50,000 surgery and find it's either denied entirely or they're only paying a fraction.

This stuff can be very powerful to clients. Senior Mega agents who know other agents will be contacting their clients down the road really dig in:

"And sir there's no shortage of agents in this business who frankly don't about you and will try to make a huge commission. They'll tell you how fantastic their "limitless" plans are and try to sign you up over the phone. All they really want is a quick buck then they're on to the next victim."

You have to understand that Mega agents are trained that major medical is a con. What they use a lot of is "UC" vs "UCR" and when sitting down with their client they paint a picture of a $50,000 "Blue Cross" claim but BX only pays $10,000 of it and leave the client stuck with $40,000.

They normally tell clients stuff like: Don't be fooled by the other carriers and they're "unlimited benefits" sir. You go for that $50,000 surgery and find it's either denied entirely or they're only paying a fraction.

This stuff can be very powerful to clients. Senior Mega agents who know other agents will be contacting their clients down the road really dig in:

"And sir there's no shortage of agents in this business who frankly don't care about you and will try to make a huge commission. They'll tell you how fantastic their "limitless" plans are and try to sign you up over the phone. All they really want is a quick buck then they're on to the next victim."

I know I won't waste my valuable time on him again. Actually when I saw him last it was because I had a few minutes to spare before an HSA appointment and there wasn't anything more interesting to do with 15 minutes. Maybe I should have placed a few calls or watched birds eat crumbs.

But I want to know what the magic formula is for overcoming the "high standards" of MEGA Life performance. What scenario lights up that imaginary bulb over someone's head before there isn't a savings account and other creature comforts?

You cannot fix stupid! Move on and try to not let it get to you. I've lost a few to MEGA, but I've won more cases. Work the numbers, put them in an ongoing e-mail campaign and hope something catastrophic doesn't occur.

The national average for health insurance companies on pay outs for claims is 74%. Health Markets comes in at a shocking 47%

BTW, so far over the last 2 weeks I have managed to pull 4 mega clients that I wrote away from from mega and onto a REAL policy.

KUDO'S to me

I could incorporate those stats, what site did you find them at?

I think that the blackstone group is beginning to think they have bought a load of crap that could drag them down.....

The Blackstone Group - Corporate Private Equity
HealthMarkets (formerly UICI) is an underwriter and marketer of niche health and life insurance products which are distributed through a captive sales force targeting self-employed individuals, students, and hourly wage employees. HealthMarkets key products include traditional fee-for-service indemnity, PPO and supplemental coverage arrangements.

Back