Mercury Appointment

What part of California are you in? How much experience do you have? What is the size of your book? How big of a premium commitment can you make?

In most areas of California, Mercury is very tough to get appointed with. I don't think they will even look at you if you don't have several years of experience and good loss runs to show them. You can try going through companies like TWFG who have them as a cluster arrangement.

Dan

I called them, rep came out to meet me, within1 week, had my codes.

Hey Dan actually in CA I checked with mercury last year. They will appoint new agents with a new contract that will pay %5 commission. Sounds to low but you can use them to write business.:no::swoon:

I checked with Mercury earlier this year. Pretty tough appointment to get. It likely depends a LOT on where you are in California.

Not sure I would write them at 5% anyway. Okay, it would bring some business in the door when the rates work, but it may cost me money in the end if I'm only getting 5%.

Dan

damn i dont deal with a company unless they pay 15%
Progressive is the only one i have that pays 10% and I rarely even use them for this reason

I'm jealous....I've been doing pretty well with 10% on auto with my "lead" carrier since...forever

That sucks, imagine how much another 5% would be in your pocket.
Time to get that contract adjusted

Back