Mercury Appointment

Hey Dan actually in CA I checked with mercury last year. They will appoint new agents with a new contract that will pay %5 commission. Sounds to low but you can use them to write business.:no::swoon:

can you please tell me how to get hold of them? i go to their website but it just gives me a form to fill out on this page
Contact Us | Mercury Insurance Group

I do have 3 years of experience in the field but im starting my new agency, so i do not know how much will i produce for them..

What part of California are you in? They have different reps depending on the location.

Dan

Never gonna happen....and they're the most competitive, best at claims, etc. But... they tell me I'll never miss the extra 100K

can you please tell me how to get hold of them? i go to their website but it just gives me a form to fill out on this page

I do have 3 years of experience in the field but im starting my new agency, so i do not know how much will i produce for them..

Maybe you should start by filling out the form. If you are in an area that they are not appointing new reps, you will probably never hear from them.

If you mention the part of California you are in, someone here might know the marketing rep for that area. Of course, its likely you are thier competitor at that point, but there is plenty of policies to go around......

Dan

Apesako that's how I got a hold of them. But commission is very poor...yes they will appoint you %5 comm is not fair. Mercury is not the only game in town.

Like Dan said where are you located maybe he know the rep in your area that can help you. :yes:

I am a Mercury honk. They are my fave carrier, good to their agents, etc.. But 5%??? I wouldn't do that, even as a foot in the door kind of thing.

Are you cozy with a Merc agent who can vouch for you? That will help, they even solicited their agents about a year ago to recommend some agents to them, going so far as to offer incentives to the referring agent.

Be sure to have some plans in place to show how you are going to make the phones ring (direct mail, advertising, internet, etc..).

guys to be honest i am desperate of getting apointed with a company at this point so i can get something going, i really don't mind the 5 percent instead of 10 or 15 AT THIS POINT, my area is Southern California the cities i am looking to open my office is either in Sherman Oaks, Woodland hills, or Encino. Please if you know the guy in charge around this place let me know.

Back