Mercury Appointment

dude what are you even saying? I've actually took SOME advice from the people who post here. But you don't even give advice or point direction you just attack people. And please stop commenting i know you might not have any other activities besides this blog, but control yourself. I sure will not comment it.

dude what are you even saying? I've actually took SOME advice from the people who post here. But you don't even give advice or point direction you just attack people. And please stop commenting i know you might not have any other activities besides this blog, but control yourself. I sure will not comment it.

RE-READ THE ENTIRE THREAD! and then tell me I gave you no advice
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Looks like to me, I gave you advice, DJS gave you advice, and another poster gave you advice,

What have you done to follow up on it?

FYI, I wrote a Mercury auto policy Friday, 15% commission and when I hit a certain amount, I get profit sharing.

Not sure why you guys are getting screwed in Cali thou.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Apesko, there's always the old-fashioned route. Go to their web site, look up the address of the nearest 'payment center' (meaning Mercury company office), call them and ask for the marketing department. Tell them you are a new agent and would like to inquire about getting appointed. They'll put you in touch with their rep for your area.

Again, be prepared to tell them what marketing you are doing to drum up business. Keep in mind, they get a call from just about every agency in the state so you are going to have to give them reason to believe that you will not only produce, but produce profitably.

Of course, if you move to one of their developing states (in other words, not in CA) getting appointed will be much easier. As has been stated here, in Cali they are tougher than most to get, but it's worth it. Commissions are good, (if you are profitable they go up to a max of 20%) and their profit sharing is awesome (starts when you hit $250K in volume).

Just a heads up, they did a radical rate restructuring effective 12/2/11, you may want to re-run them in your rater to ensure they are still competitive in your target zip codes.

Last edited:
Really ??? You might not get appointed with any companies if you're placing "moral" guidleines on the deal!~

I really don't mind when a insurance company raises their premiums cuz of costs but when it raises its premiums plus pays little to agents then i have a problem with. And red blooded american, your unique :)

Consumer Group Hammers Mercury Rate Increase Filing in California

I don't even want to get appointed with this company after reading this news.
LOL... What happened, they say "no"? :no:

As far as paying their agents little, we're making 18% and will be at 20% in two years. Plus, we anticpate another 8-10% in contingency commission next year unless the storm of the century hits this week. 26% commission... Yup, I think I can live on that. :yes:

As for the content of that article, I haven't the time nor the inclination to go into all of that history. Suffice it to say Consumer Watchdog (aka: Harvey Rosenfeld) collects millions of dollars off of intervenor fees and they see G. Joseph as a threat to that.

Back