Metlife Vs. Ia

I disagree with the dishonest statement as MetLife is betting that you won't make it and will keep your book!! So, it apparently is the nature of the business. Just saying.

Hi, Peter:

That's my point. Everyone says "go with the stipend and get P&C experience" (I am a former health, life agent). To go with the stipend to just leave when I have experience is dishonest in my opinion. I don't want to be tied to a sales manager all day. I say, I am going with an independent agency to learn P&C and have free office space, office equipment, etc (saves me a TON of overhead), and it is one of the most reputable firms in my state. I have been offered a 50/50 split with the owner, and whatever health, accident, critical illness, life policies I write are all mine.

I am going with Scenario A; however, I wanted to piont out the somewhat ridiculousness of the statement of "go with a stipend and get experience." I bust my arse, always have and always will, so I am going with the mantra "Don't tell me it's IMpossible until AFTER I have already done it." (P. Lontos). I will call the carriers night and day if I have to until I learn this stuff myself. But my broker friend is willing to teach me the ropes and handle any commercial business that results as well (I am not licensed for commercial...yet). So, I shouldn't have to become a carrier telephone stalker. :)

:)

Back