Month to Month Homeowners For Renovation

Stephen

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey guys ,

Are there any carriers that will write a vacant house/ renovation policy on month to month basis? I am being told that 3 months is the shortest that I can purchase.

Thanks,

Stephen

If the policyholder is willing, see if you can just to 3 month and then if you cancel midterm there should be at least some refund, at least with the vacant policies I can do.

Are you asking as an agent or a policyholder?

Most agents aren't going to mess with it unless they have other business in the household, it simply isn't worth a month's or two premium to write it. But they will do it to help out an existing client.

Are you asking as an agent or a policyholder?

Most agents aren't going to mess with it unless they have other business in the household, it simply isn't worth a month's or two premium to write it. But they will do it to help out an existing client.

I'm asking as a policy holder , not asking anyone to write it. Just let me know if the option is out there and with what carrier, because you are correct I am more trouble than I am worth as a client , especially for a one month commision check.

I'm asking as a policy holder , not asking anyone to write it. Just let me know if the option is out there and with what carrier, because you are correct I am more trouble than I am worth as a client , especially for a one month commision check.

I honestly haven't looked for something like this. I know Vacant Express is often used by agents for vacant properties. No idea they will sell to you direct or not. No harm in calling.

If you've been told already that 3 months is the minimum I doubt that you will find a lesser amount of time anywhere else.

And the plan to cancel when you're done and get a refund isn't likely to word because any underwriter with a lick of sense will write the premium as a minimum policy premium fully earned regardless of how long you keep it. You won't get any money back.

I think I have it figured out guys , the question that I didn't ask that I should have is "Is there a homeowners policy that will let you vacate for renovations longer than 30 days on a regular HO policy" and the answer to that question is yes.

I think I have it figured out guys , the question that I didn't ask that I should have is "Is there a homeowners policy that will let you vacate for renovations longer than 30 days on a regular HO policy" and the answer to that question is yes.

Yep, always important to ask the right question. Glad you got it figured out.

Back