More insurance brokers would choose traditional Medicare over Medicare Advantage: Report

What type of Medicare would you choose for yourself?

• Original Medicare with Medigap / PDP

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Medicare Advantage (MAPD)

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
And you appear to be a petty little man
Nah. 6-4 and 300 lbs to be exact. Petty no. Asshole yes.

And curious. Why is it such a big deal where UHC shows up on a quote? Again just curious why it's such a big deal to you?

Nah. 6-4 and 300 lbs to be exact. Petty no. Asshole yes.

And curious. Why is it such a big deal where UHC shows up on a quote? Again just curious why it's such a big deal to you?

Nah, you're definitely petty.

It's not a big deal. I simply pointed out your "error" and you doubled down. As a matter of fact, in 3 different posts you said they were at or near the bottom. Some of us prefer honesty in this industry. It sucks constantly overcoming well deserved perceptions of the people in this industry. So I'll put it back on you, why were you so adamant that UHC shows up at or near the bottom of CSG when we all see that isn't the case? It wasn't until I posted the screenshot that you changed your tune (barely). Can we just put you down as someone who isn't always truthful?

Nah, you're definitely petty.

It's not a big deal. I simply pointed out your "error" and you doubled down. As a matter of fact, in 3 different posts you said they were at or near the bottom. Some of us prefer honesty in this industry. It sucks constantly overcoming well deserved perceptions of the people in this industry. So I'll put it back on you, why were you so adamant that UHC shows up at or near the bottom of CSG when we all see that isn't the case? It wasn't until I posted the screenshot that you changed your tune (barely). Can we just put you down as someone who isn't always truthful?
That's the third time you've called me a liar. So let's see:

As far as you're screen shots, I scrolled right past them. So that had no effect.

But I did get on CSG and ran a quote using your criteria. 65F Lee County

What I found was UHC showing up as #18. $125.75/month. I'll call it middle of pack.

I then added the discounts. That changed things.

UHC has one of the most restrictive HH discounts out there. The spouse or significant other has to be a UHC policyholder to qualify.

Now look at Accendo. One of the most liberal out there. All they have to do to qualify is reside in the same house. And Accendo's discount is 14%

Most T65 women I deal with are married. And most are married to men roughly their own age. So most will qualify for Accendo's discount. Again I said most not all.

When I run the quote with the discount applied Accendo shows up ranked 15th at $112.04/month. UHC shows up ranked 22nd at $116.80/month. But that would include a discount that she's probably not going to qualify for.

UHC's AARP Level 2 plan shows up dead last at $278.38/month. DEAD LAST

You said you were putting it back on me so there you go.

And finally, Can we just put you down as someone who isn't always truthful?

Nah. I don't think so. Maybe someone didn't finish running his quote.

That's the third time you've called me a liar.

I never said the word liar. But when you knowingly misrepresent the truth, it's a lie.

So let's see:

As far as you're screen shots, I scrolled right past them. So that had no effect.

I see. I provided PROOF that refuted your statements and you didn't bother to look at it.

But I did get on CSG and ran a quote using your criteria. 65F Lee County

What I found was UHC showing up as #18. $125.75/month. I'll call it middle of pack.

Glad to see you finally looked at the system which you claim had UHC at or near the bottom. But #18 out of 49 is above the middle of the pack as I stated in an earlier post.

I then added the discounts. That changed things.

I clearly said the rates were without discounts.

UHC has one of the most restrictive HH discounts out there. The spouse or significant other has to be a UHC policyholder to qualify.

Yes, this is true.

Now look at Accendo. One of the most liberal out there. All they have to do to qualify is reside in the same house. And Accendo's discount is 14%

Other carriers only require a person to live with someone or be married. Not really unique to Accendo.

Most T65 women I deal with are married. And most are married to men roughly their own age. So most will qualify for Accendo's discount. Again I said most not all.

When I run the quote with the discount applied Accendo shows up ranked 15th at $112.04/month. UHC shows up ranked 22nd at $116.80/month. But that would include a discount that she's probably not going to qualify for.

Even at 22 that's still a little above the middle. And in a scenario where there's less than a $5 difference, I'd recommend UHC over an Aetna company. I've been around long enough to watch Aetna roll out 4 companies. The older ones have incredibly high rate increases. I have no reason to believe Accendo won't suffer the same fate once Aetna rolls out a new brand. Not to mention the free gym membership and dental and vision discounts they get with UHC. And more importantly, historically a much smaller rate increase than Aetna branded carriers (and many others as well).

And UHC isn't my first choice, but they are one of the plans I will look at. Especially when my potential client is one who pays for a gym membership. you do this long enough and you look for carriers who haven't raised rates double digits year in and year out once they close a book of business and roll out a new carrier.

UHC's AARP Level 2 plan shows up dead last at $278.38/month. DEAD LAST

I also mentioned UHC Level 2 rates in my earlier post. Guess you had trouble comprehending it. Those are for people who answer yes to health questions and would be turned down by literally everyone else. Quit being so disingenuous. Or maybe you are ignorant to that fact.

You said you were putting it back on me so there you go.

And finally, Can we just put you down as someone who isn't always truthful?

Nah. I don't think so. Maybe someone didn't finish running his quote.

Again, not everyone qualifies for a household discount. And I CLEARLY stated the rates were without discounts.

Glad to see you finally looked at the system which you claim had UHC at or near the bottom. But #18 out of 49 is above the middle of the pack as I stated in an earlier post.
For the love of God will you let this silly shit go.

If I promise to pull out a tape measure next time I run a quote to see where they are will that help?

For the love of God will you let this silly shit go.

If I promise to pull out a tape measure next time I run a quote to see where they are will that help?

When you post asking me questions, do you want me to ignore? You could have easily not responded and there wouldn’t have been another post.

Better yet, you go ahead and get the last word in. I’ll put you on ignore and won’t see anything else you say.

I have my own CSG, not one supplied by an FMO. And yes, I typically run filtered quotes that do not show carriers like USAA and a few others where I don't have an appointment. I have the single state version since I am only licensed in one state.
I used to have my own CSG, until I switched to InsuranceToolkits(it includes Underwriting...drugs and health conditions). Now I use the free versions of CSG.

I've got my own too but rarely use it any more. I've even got all my FMO versions linked to it so I can flip back and forth if I need to but I never do.

Lately I've been using Agent Pipeline's version. That's the one that has everybody and every state. Really no need to use mine.
I have that free version on AgentXcelerator. Search and Save also shows all companies in all 60 states.

I used to have my own CSG, until I switched to InsuranceToolkits(it includes Underwriting...drugs and health conditions). Now I use the free versions of CSG.
Toolkits is pretty cool. Just got through using them on a 70 yr old female that had cancer 4 yrs ago. Had my answer in seconds. Would have taken an hour or more the old way.

Latest posts

Back