My own website/llc as an independent agent at a large company?

Blake Baker

I work at American Income Life as a career agent

One of the things I am wanting to do is start my own website with my own name and social media pages so that i can advertise and generate my own leads.

The problem is that i am not certain if it is even legal for me to have a website under one name(not my name, a business name) and then sell insurance though another.

I know that I will have to put on the website and advertisements that insurance is sold through AIL but am uncertain of any other legalities involved.

I am trying to do this on my own because if i talked to my uplines about something like this they would likely say dont worry about it, just stick with the leads you have. but I want MORE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated including the necessary steps to take if this is possible!! I already bought the domain name just in case this is viable.

I work at American Income Life as a career agent

One of the things I am wanting to do is start my own website with my own name and social media pages so that i can advertise and generate my own leads.

The problem is that i am not certain if it is even legal for me to have a website under one name(not my name, a business name) and then sell insurance though another.

I know that I will have to put on the website and advertisements that insurance is sold through AIL but am uncertain of any other legalities involved.

I am trying to do this on my own because if i talked to my uplines about something like this they would likely say dont worry about it, just stick with the leads you have. but I want MORE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated including the necessary steps to take if this is possible!! I already bought the domain name just in case this is viable.
Leave AIL and buy/generate your own leads.

And fwiw, organic SEO that generates leads is a very difficult endeavor. It will take you at least a year to rank for anything meaningful in insurance so be prepared to supplement for a long time and put a ton of sweat equity into your site.

Good luck.

Leave AIL and buy/generate your own leads.

And fwiw, organic SEO that generates leads is a very difficult endeavor. It will take you at least a year to rank for anything meaningful in insurance so be prepared to supplement for a long time and put a ton of sweat equity into your site.

Good luck.

I plan on buying and generating my own leads but i still need a company to actually sell insurance through. They give us a few hundred leads a month as well to keep me busy while I start working on generating my own. I was planning on using facebook and google ads to get started but just do not know the legality of it

I plan on buying and generating my own leads but i still need a company to actually sell insurance through. They give us a few hundred leads a month as well to keep me busy while I start working on generating my own. I was planning on using facebook and google ads to get started but just do not know the legality of it

It's not worth the ad spend if you're only representing one carrier.

Globe Life probably spends millions per month on advertising their subsidiary company's products.

This is an employee mindset.

If you generate your own leads, you're self employed.

They are not "giving you leads". They are hosing you on commissions and pocketing the difference.

For some people, that's fine. I don't hate on captive models like some do on this site. But you sound like you're ready to do your own thing so research that as opposed to what is "legal" with AIL.

Ail’s leads are BS . They give you free kids safety kit leads that union members fill out at meetings . Although there are some recruiting outfits that Jane made a ton of money . This girl was a senior director making 65% . I offered her 115% and she declined . She drank the koolaide .

Ail’s leads are BS . They give you free kids safety kit leads that union members fill out at meetings . Although there are some recruiting outfits that Jane made a ton of money . This girl was a senior director making 65% . I offered her 115% and she declined . She drank the koolaide .
Where do you suggest I start? What companies? Or what to research. I have no idea what i am doing so any advice would be appreciated

Getting half commissions to sell a very overpriced product doesn't sound like much fun. Does AIL at least provide free Kool Aid?

Rather than criticism and pointless comments.

Actual advice and what i should do instead would be more helpful

Back