My Value Proposition

While it's a BNI related website, it helps with this very issue:
BNI Memory Hooks - by OrgTrack.com

You'll find things like:
If you don't want to retire that's your business, if you do - that's my business!

Planning Today for a Secure Tomorrow!

Planning today will pay dividends tomorrow!

We work with millionaires and millionaires in training.

2x3x5x365x20=219,000. Two people eating 3 meals at $5 a meal, 365 days a year for 20 years of retirement, equals $219,000 just to eat. I can help.

We help people manage the risks of everyday living, not just insure them.

and many others....

Of course, none of these are value propositions, they are just taglines to help get you through the first sentence or 2 of an introduction. They should be used to help someone remember you.

Dan

When you go to emergency room after something as happened whats the first thing they ask you? (wait for response). Its usually what kind of insurance you have. With that in mind wouldn't you sleep a little better at night knowing you have insurance coverage that covers you and your loved ones 24/7?

I'm going to narrow this down a little bit:

Someone asks you, "What do you do?" What do you say that you feel has the best chance of piquing (sp?) interest and leads them to ask more questions, etc?

Tell them you find creative solutions to save people both time and money on their medical expenses. They are tailor made for the client and you have been doing this for years.

I've been thinking a lot lately, and I'm just not doing a good job of capitalizing on the opportunity when people ask me what I do. So here's the question...what do you guys say?

The best I've heard so far is "I help people grow and protect their finances" or something to that effect.

I hate to keep passing up good opportunities, so any help is appreciated.
- Chris

First off, why do you think that people are asking you the question, "what do you do...?" Do you think that they really care what you do...? Most ppl asking that question are either just trying to start a conversation, not really caring what you do, or they are looking for a lead-in so they can pitch you on something they are offering.

I think that all these answers of protecting you from the financial boogie man don't serve you well... what is wrong with saying you are in the INSURANCE BUSINESS...? (Life or Health Ins, or P&C biz, or whatever). Your chances are just as good that the colorful crafted answer that is supposed to get them to ask a question may miss the mark, and lets say it did, and low and behold that person was really in the mkt for health or life ins... you just missed a good prospect.

Tell it straight and simple... be proud of what you do, and it will show. And if you have a prospect there that has ANY interest, they will ask questions... (like how much would it be for health ins for me and my family... ours has been going thru the roof lately). Now you have something to work with... Or they ask you who you represent... If they say NOTHING, then you might simply ask them what they do for a living... and then talk about the weather after that...

Last edited:
Back