Need Advice New Agent Wrong Company.

markdm4805

I got my license through Primerica and I already know the opinions on here of Primerica. I don't want to recruit. I want to sell life insurance. My questions for everyone is A being a capitive with them how hard is it to get a release from them especially if I have not written any policies and B what is a good company to go through. I do have an insurance related judgement from a non insured auto accident 10 years ago and I'm worried that could stand in the way of getting appointed. Should I go with a capitve like NYL or should I go independent.

A) I don't know.

B) Since you never sold any life insurance with Primerica, my recommendation would be to work with a captive company to learn what you are (supposed to be) doing.

I would recommend: NYL, MassMutual, Guardian, Northwestern Mutual, MetLife or Mutual of Omaha. Of these, MassMutual and Guardian offer the most flexibility for when you want to be a broker and still be able to service your fixed insurance business.

Your judgment being about 10 years ago, shouldn't be a major issue... but I don't work for these companies. Your mileage may vary. However, when you describe it, DON'T talk about an "insurance related judgment". You simply have a 'judgment' as a result for not having proper auto insurance in place.

An "insurance related judgment" in our business could mean that you had a complaint or arbitration against you for professional liability reasons. No reason to set off any 'alarms' when you don't have to.

I got my license through Primerica and I already know the opinions on here of Primerica. I don't want to recruit. I want to sell life insurance. My questions for everyone is A being a capitive with them how hard is it to get a release from them especially if I have not written any policies and B what is a good company to go through. I do have an insurance related judgement from a non insured auto accident 10 years ago and I'm worried that could stand in the way of getting appointed. Should I go with a capitve like NYL or should I go independent.

You do not need a release. Releases are an issue in the independet world where you have a contract with Company A through one upline and you want to continue to submit business with Company A through another upline. You just resign from Primerica and read your contract on what you can not do.

If you do decide to go captive interview your upline and office as much as they are interviewing you. In the captive world the local office can make or break you....If you want an education on Life insurance I would suggest swinging over to Topgunproducers.com Rick Blaine (not his real name) has a no nonsense approach.

You do not need a release. Releases are an issue in the independet world where you have a contract with Company A through one upline and you want to continue to submit business with Company A through another upline. You just resign from Primerica and read your contract on what you can not do.

If you do decide to go captive interview your upline and office as much as they are interviewing you. In the captive world the local office can make or break you....If you want an education on Life insurance I would suggest swinging over to Topgunproducers.com Rick Blaine (not his real name) has a no nonsense approach.

Good advice!...............................

Thanks everyone. DHK that is a good list of companies. I think I will check out MassMutual and Guardian first. XRAC I checked out that link and it looks like it has a lot of good info.

Thanks everyone. DHK that is a good list of companies. I think I will check out MassMutual and Guardian first. XRAC I checked out that link and it looks like it has a lot of good info.

This forum is the place to learn FE but Topgunproducers has the best sales training info otherwise that I have seen but be sure to read and follow the rules if you go there.

be sure to read and follow the rules if you go there....as in don't offer an alternate oppinion on anything ...like choiuce of home office printer.

...I checked out that link and it looks like it has a lot of good info.
Just make sure before you log in that you have a 55-gallon drum of Chap-stick handy, and you probably should go ahead and practice your puckering skills.

I think you'll find a post here and there on this site that isn't about FE.

Just make sure before you log in that you have a 55-gallon drum of Chap-stick handy, and you probably should go ahead and practice your puckering skills.

I think you'll find a post here and there on this site that isn't about FE.

I haven't been to that site in years but I can't imagine there would be anything of value there now either. Unless it's in how to not treat people?

Wannabe military with a God complex. Yeah, that's the ticket!!:twitchy:

be sure to read and follow the rules if you go there....as in don't offer an alternate oppinion on anything ...like choiuce of home office printer.

That was funny. But more importantly is to never share anything of value you learn there with anyone else. He "owns" that material... even after you learn it. So if you share it, you'll be banned. That's what happened to me.

Back