Need help "closing deals"

When you listen to your prospect (instead of speaking) they will tell you how to submit the application.

The problem with most agents is when the prospect is speaking it comes out like Charlie Brown's teacher. They are simply waiting for their prospect's lips to stop moving so they can listen to themselves talk again.

That I agree with 100% and have witnessed it, the voice gets louder, it's nauseating.

Just a wag, but it seems like you have not been mentored in this business. All the advice given here and elsewhere unless you can see it put into action.

You can read all the books on golf, hit buckets of balls at the range, but until you get on the course . . .with someone who knows how to play the game . . . you will never learn.

The best thing you can do at this point is to shadow someone who is successful for a week. That will allow you to see how they operate vs. your approach.

Just a wag, but it seems like you have not been mentored in this business. All the advice given here and elsewhere unless you can see it put into action.

You can read all the books on golf, hit buckets of balls at the range, but until you get on the course . . .with someone who knows how to play the game . . . you will never learn.

The best thing you can do at this point is to shadow someone who is successful for a week. That will allow you to see how they operate vs. your approach.

Arguably the best advice yet!!

Thanks everyone,
Great advice all the way around.

-Bear

Since "find the pain" seems to be the hip phrase on this post I'll put in my 10 cents in (up from 2 cents, due to inflation)

Don't we already know their pain?

Either they have no insurance.

Are changing jobs.

Are getting divorced.

Are paying too much for insurance.

etc. etc. etc.

And you find that out in the first two minutes don't you?

That is a very good point. Blane have you ever watched somebody successful in this business do what you are trying to do or are you winging it alone. That can make a huge difference. Even a little coaching and training can mean a lot at times.

That is a very good point. Blane have you ever watched somebody successful in this business do what you are trying to do or are you winging it alone. That can make a huge difference. Even a little coaching and training can mean a lot at times.

Oh no, the coaching/training thing, I got hammered on here because I said people should train and learn how to do sales, it went into natural abilities, either you have it or you don't, some things you can't learn, etc.

Make up your mind people!!

:yes:

Back