Need Unbiased Advice About Speeding Ticket

Hey, thanks to all who chimed in here.

Today is the deadline for when I have to make a decision about whether or not to go to traffic school or fight it.

Several of you have made excellent points about how hard it is to show that the officer is wrong and also demonstrate that I was not going over the speed limit anyway, even if I wasn't going 41.

So, I think I am going to plead guilty and take traffic school, as much as that feels like the "wrong" thing to do as I do not feel I am guilty, and I believe reasonable doubt exists as to whether I was going the speed I am accused of going!

Appreciate the fact that the advice here is truly objective, as none of you know me personally, so that makes it worthwhile. Thanks again!!

Hey, thanks to all who chimed in here.

Today is the deadline for when I have to make a decision about whether or not to go to traffic school or fight it.

Several of you have made excellent points about how hard it is to show that the officer is wrong and also demonstrate that I was not going over the speed limit anyway, even if I wasn't going 41.

So, I think I am going to plead guilty and take traffic school, as much as that feels like the "wrong" thing to do as I do not feel I am guilty, and I believe reasonable doubt exists as to whether I was going the speed I am accused of going!

Appreciate the fact that the advice here is truly objective, as none of you know me personally, so that makes it worthwhile. Thanks again!!

So how much was the final bill?

What happens if you get a ticket in another state and never pay it? I would imagine you are in deep dodo somehow if you get pulled over in that state again. Other then that anything? I may have a couple of those.

At renewly time, your state will ask for proof of paying out of state tickets, or you won't be able to renew.. i used to drive truck cross county, have been nailed in a few speed traps, and a few out and out, tickets just for having NY tags on my truck.(GA). In the name of safety, they have revenue making spots. In nc a 6 lane hwy speed 65 mph. drops down to 45. for a short distance. cha-ching. my favorite story is when i was driving thru MS, with NJ tags. I wasn't speeding, now at the time i had a hemroid problem. having just recently put the used aplicator, wrapped in tissue on my dash. the cop wanted permission to search my truck, at first i said no, but gave in... He had a big grin on his face and jumped up into my cab. eyeing the tissue wrap he grapped it. it kind of ozzed out, all over his hand. I had to try not to laugh. I still remember him looking at his hand, with the hemroid lotion, with a tinge of brown color.

If he had a Legalshield membership all he would have had to do was call a 800# and speak with an Attorney to find out his options.

Back