Needs Analysis/closing

deadhead

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok so you have gotten in the house to offer life insurance. You have just finished your warmup. They are starting to like you. You then either A) start your presentation, B)ask questions for a needs analysis to cross sell or figure out the right product for your customer, or C) play it by ear based on the flow of the conversation. I have scoured these forums, the net, and youtube to find a fairly simple straightforward non threatening needs analysis set of questions to ask and I cannot find one. I guess my question boils down to what do you guys use to find out a customers actual needs or what questions do you ask to get the customer involved emotionally to close themselves? Do you use a survey, questionnaire or conversational style to engage the customer so they sell themselves on the product or uncover another more pressing need that needs to be filled?

Ok so you have gotten in the house to offer life insurance. You have just finished your warmup. They are starting to like you. You then either A) start your presentation, B)ask questions for a needs analysis to cross sell or figure out the right product for your customer, or C) play it by ear based on the flow of the conversation. I have scoured these forums, the net, and youtube to find a fairly simple straightforward non threatening needs analysis set of questions to ask and I cannot find one. I guess my question boils down to what do you guys use to find out a customers actual needs or what questions do you ask to get the customer involved emotionally to close themselves? Do you use a survey, questionnaire or conversational style to engage the customer so they sell themselves on the product or uncover another more pressing need that needs to be filled?

I work the FE market and I work from direct mail leads. The first thing I do upon getting into the house is show them the card they returned and tell that's why I'm there.

Then after writing down their names, their age and asking them if they smoke or not I say, "we find there are 3 reasons that people return these crads, the number 1 reason being that they don't have anything in place to take care of their funeral expenses, burial and they need something. The 2nd reason is is because they have a little something in place and need to supplement that or maybe to save money on what they have. The 3 rd reason is that they have all that taken care of and they just want to leave some money to the family, a church or a a charity. Which one of those reasons was your's?"

If they can't tell me why it was mailed in and it was none of those reasons then I give them my card and leave. I don't do a a warm up or presentation to uninterested people.

This has been posted here many times by me and others as to what they do and how to approach it. If you couldn't find it here I don't know why.

There is also a lot of this type stuff at Newby's site.

I work the FE market and I work from direct mail leads. The first thing I do upon getting into the house is show them the card they returned and tell that's why I'm there.

Then after writing down their names, their age and asking them if they smoke or not I say, "we find there are 3 reasons that people return these crads, the number 1 reason being that they don't have anything in place to take care of their funeral expenses, burial and they need something. The 2nd reason is is because they have a little something in place and need to supplement that or maybe to save money on what they have. The 3 rd reason is that they have all that taken care of and they just want to leave some money to the family, a church or a a charity. Which one of those reasons was your's?"

If they can't tell me why it was mailed in and it was none of those reasons then I give them my card and leave. I don't do a a warm up or presentation to uninterested people.

This has been posted here many times by me and others as to what they do and how to approach it. If you couldn't find it here I don't know why.

There is also a lot of this type stuff at Newby's site.

When I search I type in "needs analysis" JD I have enjoyed learning from your posts. I have lurked and learned on here for years. Yes you and others have told methods but over time those posts get buried deep into old conversations, multipages and lost to time. That is why some us seem to request over and over.

Back