New AARP Medigap Stuff Indicates Possible Change

in Ill AARP only makes sense when someone is within 3 years of part B Then they don't have to answer level 2 premium questions,

If not within the 3 year mark then bc is better in many cases, They have easy online app too

Yeah, I just looked at the level 2 premiums...they're as bad as Cigna Substandard. BCBS's cheaper by a lot.

I thought that UHC was the best price in Florida for an independent agent. I didn't know they had any competition other than BCBS, which is captive there.

Do all companies pay lower commissions in Florida:

T65 female

1. UHC
2. Gerber
3. Fl blue
And then I think Cigna and MoO are right there too. Gerber and UHC pay lil less than $250 and Cigna I think too. MoO is 15% I believe. But we know what they are doing.

Hell I wrote about 5 plan G's in Iowa for about $90 month. Commissions are right there with FL on those 5. Not normal, I know.

These companies are probably making more money on mapd plans in FL so maybe that's why they push them more.

T65 female

1. UHC
2. Gerber
3. Fl blue
And then I think Cigna and MoO are right there too. Gerber and UHC pay lil less than $250 and Cigna I think too. MoO is 15% I believe. But we know what they are doing.

Hell I wrote about 5 plan G's in Iowa for about $90 month. Commissions are right there with FL on those 5. Not normal, I know.

These companies are probably making more money on mapd plans in FL so maybe that's why they push them more.

Looks like AARP leads the pack for males, but several beat them on females. I checked Jaxonville 70 and 75. Americo's right up there. Gerber, hahaa...they priced themselves out of the market here 5 years ago.

Looks like AARP leads the pack for males, but several beat them on females. I checked Jaxonville 70 and 75. Americo's right up there. Gerber, hahaa...they priced themselves out of the market here 5 years ago.

Still In Fl its a different mentality, People know there doc takes AARP but what about this one and that one, They have a network frame of mind, Also they see millions of AARP commercials they know people that have an AARP plan. Not to mention AARP has very low if any increases in FL

It just doesn't pay to sell any other in FL

Still In Fl its a different mentality, People know there doc takes AARP but what about this one and that one, They have a network frame of mind, Also they see millions of AARP commercials they know people that have an AARP plan. Not to mention AARP has very low if any increases in FL

It just doesn't pay to sell any other in FL

Glad I don't have to worry about it.:laugh:

Glad I don't have to worry about it.:laugh:

Why? It makes it easy. I don't have to continuously call clients and explain their huge rate increase. Sign them up and they are always happy.

I don't ever look up quotes for 70 and 75 year olds because why? Most are already on AARP if they have a supp. Most here have a mapd tho.

Why? It makes it easy. I don't have to continuously call clients and explain their huge rate increase. Sign them up and they are always happy.

I don't ever look up quotes for 70 and 75 year olds because why? Most are already on AARP if they have a supp. Most here have a mapd tho.

But you're missing the opportunity to cross sell them dental insurance.:laugh:

I would have to agree with you, not only for Med Supps but for MAPD as well.

When you write a UHC Med Supp in Florida you know that there is a stream of 6 x $242 for that client virtually guaranteed (I haven't had one drop off since I started writing for them 5 years ago).

I know there are places around the country where UHC isn't competitive but they can't be beat in Florida and dominate the market, something that has been stated here many, many times by a number of agents.

And correct me if I am wrong, their is no change in comp if the client is coming off a group plan with A&B already in place, so basically GI?

And correct me if I am wrong, their is no change in comp if the client is coming off a group plan with A&B already in place, so basically GI?

That is correct in Florida and other states-I've written several California 'Birthday rule' Med Supp replacements in the past few months and was paid the full commission

Back