New AARP Medigap Stuff Indicates Possible Change

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Instead of dates for the kits being a year both Kansas and Missouri indicate 4/1-6/1/2017 on the front.

Maybe a plan G addition?

I was told G was coming this summer. At least in TN market. Could be nationwide. TN also getting a 6% rate decrease. It needs one.

I'm pretty sure the June date was mentioned somewhere in a thread last fall.

I also heard from UHC that plan G is expected in 2nd quarter. UHC loves their plan F, so it'll be interesting to see how they price the G.

Even if it is close, wouldn't it still make sense to encourage those who want to use UHC to select G over F, using the unpredictability of future health events as the arguement -- ie enter the future wider pool while you are able?

Even if it is close, wouldn't it still make sense to encourage those who want to use UHC to select G over F, using the unpredictability of future health events as the arguement -- ie enter the future wider pool while you are able?

If the premiums are close it'll be tough to put a client on G over F with them because UHC allows you to move around with no health questions.

If the premiums are close it'll be tough to put a client on G over F with them because UHC allows you to move around with no health questions.

So their pricing structure will turn out to be kind of an indication of where they most prefer to keep plan members right now?

It's an interesting question...how will they price their plan G.

They could price it along with F to drive people to F to increase the pool of premium coming in for 2020.

Or they may take a run at G to build that block of business for 2020 so they are more competitive when F is locked to new beneficiaries.

I am sure they have an army of actuarials pounding the numbers left and right to see what works the best.

I met with the western regional sales manager for med supps last week. Plan G is to be available as of July 1 with applications taken April 1.

He told me the pricing would be Plan F minus the Part B deductible cost. I then asked why that would be advantageous since the net price would really be no different than Plan F. Apparently he never thought about this.

Rick

Back