New agent here- if I don't start making money soon...

Set a reasonable goal for weekly sales and don't stop until you reach it, always assume every call is a sale. If you set a goal of 5 sales a week and you have called on 50 people and you sell 5, you had 45 rejections but you made your goal, don't let No's discourage you, watch your business grow.

This is not an easy business, you get out of it, what you put in to it!

Set a reasonable goal for weekly sales and don't stop until you reach it, always assume every call is a sale. If you set a goal of 5 sales a week and you have called on 50 people and you sell 5, you had 45 rejections but you made your goal, don't let No's discourage you, watch your business grow.

This is not an easy business, you get out of it, what you put in to it!

Assuming every call you make is a sale is not the world's greatest advice; especially when were talking about leads.

Once a person moves from lead to qualified prospect, I'm in.. but just saying everyone you call is a sale is going to lead you to presenting to a lot of people that aren't buyers or qualified. That's a time waster.

Assuming every call you make is a sale is not the world's greatest advice; especially when were talking about leads.

Once a person moves from lead to qualified prospect, I'm in.. but just saying everyone you call is a sale is going to lead you to presenting to a lot of people that aren't buyers or qualified. That's a time waster.

I do a lot of pre-screening, except referrals. Usually takes me about 5 minutes to figure out if I have a prospect or not.

My time is too valuable to waste coddling someone that is just playing me.

I do a lot of pre-screening, except referrals. Usually takes me about 5 minutes to figure out if I have a prospect or not.

My time is too valuable to waste coddling someone that is just playing me.

Our industry is so different than most sales situations. Usually money is the primary qualifier. With us, health is a huge factor.

It's the reason I hate the idea of treating everyone like a sale. A lot of people don't think about insurance until they have an issue.

Like you said, why would I spend my time going through the process for someone that can't pass underwriting. That's ridiculous.

Our industry is so different than most sales situations. Usually money is the primary qualifier. With us, health is a huge factor.

It's the reason I hate the idea of treating everyone like a sale. A lot of people don't think about insurance until they have an issue.

Like you said, why would I spend my time going through the process for someone that can't pass underwriting. That's ridiculous.
Yes, for several years now when filling out an app, I start with the health questions.

It didn't used to be that way. I used to start with their name. That was when there was 1/2 a page of heath questions and diabetes wasn't even asked about on a Med Supp.

Yes, for several years now when filling out an app, I start with the health questions.

It didn't used to be that way. I used to start with their name. That was when there was 1/2 a page of heath questions and diabetes wasn't even asked about on a Med Supp.
It seems to get far more objections if you begin with the name. Start with health questions, DOB, or address, etc..

When I first started at UA back in '03-4, my branch manager said something that stuck with me for my entire career:

"Good health buys life insurance, money just pays for it."

I'm sure someone else smarter said it, but it's always stuck with me.

Back