New Agents - Before you sign anything

Got another good one - spoke with an agent who felt uncomfortable signing the papers without reading over them at home. They said the papers were company property and could not be taken home. When he asked for time to read over in detail what he was signing they told him their agency wasn't for him and asked him to leave.

HealthAgent,

Now you just need to package that advice, put it into a little book and sell it on Ebay and Amazon for 19.99.

Hehe

NWInsurance.

You could even join the crowd of EBOOKS that we all waste our money on, but being that you are still in the biz I do not think that you are allowed to do that.

It seems that all of the money made on the web is made by these Agents that "MADE MILLIONS" doing this, and now they are going to show us!

Joking aside, that was some good info for newbies!

The biggest point relating to this thread..

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

An agency can say ANYTHING - FIND IT IN WRITING.

If it is not in writing it does not exist.

"Never sign contracting papers that you can't take home and read over."

Check this out, some torchmark companies take this one a step further, for the worse. A step backwards, as it were.

They have you sign one of those electronic signature pads, that's on a long teathering wire. It can reach out to you where you sign, and they can have the computer on the other side of the desk- with the monitor facing away from you- whereas you cannot read what you are signing!! Hilarious. They can affix your signature to "lord knows" what.
I have been licensed for about 6 months,contracted with 3 different companies,spent $XXX.XX, and currently my signature is affixed to "who knows what" with a T/mark company in SC. In 2 months with the first branch I was with
I didn't see anyone sell a policy (rode with 3 agents- 1 yr. exp. or less. Once I reach the point of making my first sale I know I'll succeed. Any thoughts or ideas?:idea:

Get sales training.

And, I would suspect, riding along with agents with less than a year's experience is the blind leading the blind.

If you don't have sales experience and are not being trained in the products and how to talk with people, you will have a very hard time being successful in this, or any, sales related endeavor.

Watch out for captive agencies that will not allow you to contact clients for a period of time after you leave their company. In this case, you don't really own your clients.

Back