New Life Agent in NC - Major Anxiety

Do not give them a SINGLE NAME!!!!

Your friends and your family trust you NOT to give out their numbers for this kind of crap.

Your friends of your friend's spouses might have conditions they don't want to discuss. What if one of your friend's spouses has an embarrassing condition? You think they want to be put on the spot like that?

The psychology behind this is "well, if you're really my friend you'll buy from me." FALSE!!! This is friendship abuse!

Your friends will obviously know what you and come to you.

Do not give them a SINGLE NAME!!!!

Your friends and your family trust you NOT to give out their numbers for this kind of crap.

Your friends of your friend's spouses might have conditions they don't want to discuss. What if one of your friend's spouses has an embarrassing condition? You think they want to be put on the spot like that?

The psychology behind this is "well, if you're really my friend you'll buy from me." FALSE!!! This is friendship abuse!

Your friends will obviously know what you and come to you.

I had the same thoughts, but I believe my employment hinges on being able to walk in with 100 names in two weeks. Any suggestions. The door-to-door market surveys seem to be the best option. Thanks!

Thanks again James. Again, pardon my ignorance but I am as new to all of this as one could possibly be. Could you elaborate a bit? Thank you!

Simply call businesses and offer a free report, information to send over to them. Now if you to this locally you should hand deliver the "whatever" you stated in the call. Ask for an appointment to sit down with him or her to go over their needs, wants what have you.

Example, business owners like everyone else is likely underinsured when it comes to life insurance. Offer that up as a solution you can help them with. Now once you make the appointment tell your trainer what you specifically offer to help the owner with, as in life coverage to protect his family. Surely if you have a decent trainer they can take it from there and you watch and see how.

The one problem I forsee, is that little qualification is done, I'm not sure how AG looks upon this type of lead generation? Yet, IMHO you set up 20 or 30 appoitments with small business owners your trainer is not gonna complain.

I had the same thoughts, but I believe my employment hinges on being able to walk in with 100 names in two weeks. Any suggestions. The door-to-door market surveys seem to be the best option. Thanks!

I'm thinking your employment will not hinge on your 100 names. Yet what you gonna do, let your family and friends go underinsure or worst no insurance because you don't want to ask them? What, wait till someone dies and use that to get started, yet for that one friend's family it'll be to late.

Thanks James. Just a question... would a small business owner be willing to sit down on their work-time to discuss something of this nature? Or even take phone calls of this nature?

One thing you may not be privy to - these people are DESPERATE for new recruits - so get the mindset that you are dealing from a position of strength...

When I started (in '91 w/Pru) they gave us a "book of business" to call on and service. It gave you the opportunity to get "practice".

Met used to do this to - Chumps?

At the very least, they must have some orphans? (clients w/no agent)

Last edited:
I'll jump in...this is what your job is about.

Point well taken. Thank you! It's just a little tough being so green. I'm not always certain what is acceptable and what is not. I've not received any formal "sales" training yet, so I'm reluctant to really put myself "out there", yet I need to make some contacts and get their permission to call on them for a presentation in the near future. I'm sure most everyone here has been in a similar situation at one point. I appreciate evryone's views.

Back