New Life Agent in NC - Major Anxiety

Go down to your local library and spend a day at the reference desk, you'll likely dig up more names then you could ever visit.

Go to the Courthouse and get a list of new home purchases and business start ups.

Go door to door in your neighborhood and let everyone know you are now a expert in life insurance and you can answer any question they have. Pass out a flyer with rates, of course don't use the companies name on the flyer!

It is all about activity!

Great suggestion regarding the library and courthouse! Thank you.

As far as proclaiming myself as an expert to my neighbers, well, I don't even have business cards yet. lol I was thinking more along the lines of the market survey with the neighbors and asking if they would grant me an appointment with them for the short video presentation when I get hired.

thanks moonlight. I appreciate the truth. No bubble burst here. I've slowly come to that realization.

What James said - type of a "5 BIGGEST LIFE INSURANCE MISTAKES" guilde and hit the phones - offer to send over a report that show the 5 biggest mistakes people make when buying life. Then work it from there.

Or you can use the original "5 Way".

Mr Big, you're in business today. One day, you will be out of business, one of five ways:
1)Death
2)Disability
3)Retirement
4)Voluntary Sale
5)Bankruptcy

What I do is make sure that no matter how you get out of business, you get out with maximum profit.
With that in mind, can we meet?

Great suggestion regarding the library and courthouse! Thank you.

As far as proclaiming myself as an expert to my neighbers, well, I don't even have business cards yet. lol I was thinking more along the lines of the market survey with the neighbors and asking if they would grant me an appointment with them for the short video presentation when I get hired.

Personally, I hate video presentations! Hate them as in selling or being sold!

Thanks James and healthagent. The 5 Biggest Mistakes and the "5 Way" ideas are great.

Is it unusual for an agency to ask a new agent to come in the door with a list of names? Or is it actually common? I would imagine that it must be fairly commonplace. I suppose the majority of people have been in the business for some time and already have contacts.

I'd be interested to hear how some of you handled your first weeks and months in the business generating leads. Thanks again - this has all been very helpful.

James - re: the video. I was hoping that would make the presentation easier. I never considered that people had an aversion to it. I can see I will be learning many new things every day!

Thanks James and healthagent. The 5 Biggest Mistakes and the "5 Way" ideas are great.

Is it unusual for an agency to ask a new agent to come in the door with a list of names? Or is it actually common? I would imagine that it must be fairly commonplace. I suppose the majority of people have been in the business for some time and already have contacts.

I'd be interested to hear how some of you handled your first weeks and months in the business generating leads. Thanks again - this has all been very helpful.

It is very common place, and unlike what others may say it is your list and no you don't give it to the company. The whole idea or should be in any legit place is the start of a warm market you can market to.

I think it a necessity personally, you can not be a insurance agent without being an insurance advocate. Develop the largest list you can compile using every asset you have. Then figure out a way to get in front of these names/people, IMHO the use of the idea to "ASK" is hard to beat! Ask them what? That is something you have to figure out, I don't know what is or is not comfortable to you. Only thing we can do is give you examples and situations to place you in to have the ability to ASK.

Back