Newsletters?

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone here use a pre-written insurance or financial newsletter to send out to clients? (either hard copy or e-version)

This is something I want to implement this year, but I have not been able to find something that I really like. I know I can write my own, but that is not my strong suit. I'd much rather have something that is already done that I can do minor edits to if needed.

Any suggestions? I've googled and looked at several services, just haven't found any that got me excited. My thought is to find something to send out on a monthly or quarterly basis, and then also to send out a semi-annual (probably) letter/newsletter from me personally.

Thoughts? Oh, and life insurance is my main focus. I also do some other ins related products, and am series 65 licensed.

So I'm guessing most of you aren't sending newsletters to your clients. Or maybe you don't use a service, you just design/write your own?

I know that most will get thrown away, but I want to start doing something quarterly to at least stay in front of them better. I don't have a huge client database, but honestly have done a pretty poor job keeping in front of most of them.

Also thinking about email newsletters monthly.

I did find one place insurancenewsletters.com that offers the print versions very at a decent price. They have alot of pre-written articles and content to choose from, and you can customize nicely it seems. Their email service seems a little pricey, but it appears they have alot of content available for someone that doesn't want to write their own.

Any suggestions or input on any of this would be great. Thanks

I send out a monthly email newsletter via constant contact.com with what I feel are good results.

I just create the content myself and try to keep it local and personal. For example,I sent out my family Christmas card and an announcement of a new baby on the way. I also spoke about Ferguson (I'm in st louis) and tried to tie it into health insurance.

Each year I'll sprinkle a few "offers" like reviewing life insurance or asking for referrals.

In my opinion you shouldn't be paying for content because most don't get opened and its unlikely to get someone to proactively call you about the current state of the market or whatever a canned piece might say. I would focus on interaction, for example asking open ended questions and leading them to your FB page. Surveys, polls, etc

I think I have about 1200 on my email list and about 50-60% open it. There is nothing cooler than getting a referral and the person has your email from 2 months ago printed off when you meet and they tell you a friend forwarded the email, which was the catalyst for setting up the appointment.

It is something that needs a process to benefit, ie a set way to collect emails, upload them, setting time aside to write, upload content, etc.

I send out a monthly email newsletter via constant contact.com with what I feel are good results.

I just create the content myself and try to keep it local and personal. For example,I sent out my family Christmas card and an announcement of a new baby on the way. I also spoke about Ferguson (I'm in st louis) and tried to tie it into health insurance.

Each year I'll sprinkle a few "offers" like reviewing life insurance or asking for referrals.

In my opinion you shouldn't be paying for content because most don't get opened and its unlikely to get someone to proactively call you about the current state of the market or whatever a canned piece might say. I would focus on interaction, for example asking open ended questions and leading them to your FB page. Surveys, polls, etc

I think I have about 1200 on my email list and about 50-60% open it. There is nothing cooler than getting a referral and the person has your email from 2 months ago printed off when you meet and they tell you a friend forwarded the email, which was the catalyst for setting up the appointment.

It is something that needs a process to benefit, ie a set way to collect emails, upload them, setting time aside to write, upload content, etc.

Thank you. Good input.

I am thinking along the lines of doing the same thing for my email newsletters. Constant contact or Mail Chimp, etc... way cheaper for sure. I'm just not that great at writing articles, etc...so that is why I've been searching around to see what is out there.

What I am really looking for more info on is the printed newsletters. I am looking to pay for a printed hard copy newsletter to mail out quarterly. I know its considered old school and not technologically up to today's standards, but I feel like its money well spent. When I did mortgages, I had a company that did a pre-printed mtg newsletter that was really nice. I sent them quarterly with good results. The main result is them getting touches from me, that keeps me on their mind at least somewhat.

I just haven't been able to find anything similar for the insurance/financial business that is turn-key that I've liked. They either push ideas/products that I'm not really interested in sending to my clients, or they are just cheesy looking all around. The company I mentioned says they have thousands of articles to choose from and its updated monthly with new up to date content, and I can still put in my own articles as well. And they will do the graphic design and print for a fair price, and from what I've seen they are nicely done, look very professional.

Any more input from others on either email or print marketing would be appreciated!

:)

Thanks Brian. The last one you mentioned is the one I've looked into.

I just briefly looked over the other two, will look a little deeper later. Lew's site is a little confusing, the pages are like a giant run on sentence....just keep going and going. I'll have to give it a better look when I have time to disect. Thanks again.

Back