No fault Car accident - loss of use

I have a secondary car. He drove it for 16 days. I charged him $30 per day. Total due is $480.
Nationwide didn't contacted us more than two week. The adjuster is arguing that he cant reimburse the fee. Because my dad didn't paid the fee yet.

I told her that i will take this to small claim court if I dont get paid.

Who are are you bringing to small claim, your father or the insurance company. If you are trying to get the Insurance company to reimburse you for what your father owes you.. LMAO.. no wonder the are not calling you back.

Sounds to me like You and your Dad are trying to commit Insurance fraud, except you didn't think it through before you decided to do it.

Just what it sounds like to me.

I'd say the adjuster will win this one. This is a transaction between family. The fact that your father hasn't paid you would suggest it is a sham transaction designed to get money from an insurance company.

Dad should have paid you and you should have invoiced him for it.

Sorry . I'm talking about him. I don't go after them. He filed claim with them. Called everyday. They have not contacted us for more than two week. I lend him my secondary car. He is being charged for the vehicle. But, he has not paid. I provided him a bill to submitt to adjuster. The adjuster is arguing that it's not paid expense.

Even if he did not pay, i think it is still reasonable for any insurance company to pay. We may have to forget about it and just ask for reasonable settlement amount for loss vehicle.

Last edited:
We filed claim with them. Called everyday. They have not contacted us for more than two week. I lend him my secondary car. He is being charged for the vehicle. But, he has not paid. You are arguing if the invoice was generated before using a car or afterward.

Even if he did not pay, i think it is still reasonable for any insurance company to pay.

He did not pay as of yet, and you are family. That has all the hallmarks of a fake transaction and could even rise to insurance fraud.

Now, I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but that is a very easy conclusion to draw. So unless dad pays you, I'd advise him to let that one go.

And yes, if dad submitted receipts from where he paid Hertz, Enterprise, Crazy Bob's Rental Cars and Pizza Parlor, they would gladly reimburse him. But when he submits an invoice from his son and can't show proof that he actually paid, don't be surprised when the entire nature of the conversation changes.

He did not pay as of yet, and you are family. That has all the hallmarks of a fake transaction and could even rise to insurance fraud.

Now, I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but that is a very easy conclusion to draw. So unless dad pays you, I'd advise him to let that one go.

And yes, if dad submitted receipts from where he paid Hertz, Enterprise, Crazy Bob's Rental Cars and Pizza Parlor, they would gladly reimburse him. But when he submits an invoice from his son and can't show proof that he actually paid, don't be surprised when the entire nature of the conversation changes.

Thank you for reply.
I thought about that too. I didn't think that it was necessary to paid in full up front .

Last edited:
It's your Dad's claim. YOU don't get to take anybody to small claims court, except your Dad since he owes you the money you say you charged him for the car.

If your Dad wants to PAY you for the use of the car and you give him a receipt for the payment they may reimburse him. Or they may figure it's family hanky panky and still not pay it.

I mistyped. It's my dad's claim. I was talking about him. I provide him a bill. Adjuster is just arguing that he can't pay because it's not paid expense.

Last edited:
I mistyped. It's my dad's claim.

Ok so then YOU called them up saying you would bring them to small claims court if they didn’t reimburse you for money that technically your father owes you.

If that is what you mean then.. if you left them a voicemail it probably got deleted.

Bottom line is that the insurance claim is between your father and the insurance company. And the money that your dad owes you only your dad owes.

His Insurance company will never speak to you and legally doesn’t have to.

Ok so then YOU called them up saying you would bring them to small claims court if they didn’t reimburse you for money that technically your father owes you.

If that is what you mean then.. if you left them a voicemail it probably got deleted.

Bottom line is that the insurance claim is between your father and the insurance company. And the money that your dad owes you only your dad owes.

His Insurance company will never speak to you and legally doesn’t have to.

What are you talking about? What voicemail? I am talking to them. ..... why am I taking them to court. Go back and read again. I am here get a expert advice. Stop posting here. When did you join the forum?.

A) Its your fathers claim, they dont have to speak to you EVER legally if they dont want too. (there is some expert advise).

B) Everyone here pretty much agrees if you read the post that this sounds like your trying to commit a shady transaction.

Back