No fault Car accident - loss of use

Thank you for reply.
I thought about that too. I didn't think that it was necessary to paid in full up front .

For family, yep. For a true business, nope.

Enterprise will collect either a credit card or deposit in advance and will chase your father down if he some how tries to avoid paying.

Family will probably forgive the debt as soon as the insurance company pays.

The first is true expense and can legitimately be paid by an insurance policy that provides coverage. The second is a sham and may constitute insurance fraud. Even in the second case, you better make sure that your rates are in line with the industry.

Finally, since you are renting your car out, does your own policy cover this?

For family, yep. For a true business, nope.

Enterprise will collect either a credit card or deposit in advance and will chase your father down if he some how tries to avoid paying.

Family will probably forgive the debt as soon as the insurance company pays.

The first is true expense and can legitimately be paid by an insurance policy that provides coverage. The second is a sham and may constitute insurance fraud. Even in the second case, you better make sure that your rates are in line with the industry.

Finally, since you are renting your car out, does your own policy cover this?

He's name is on my policy.

If Dad's name is on your policy as a driver or named insured you are going to have a very hard time convincing anyone that he needs to pay rent on a vehicle on the policy

If Dad's name is on your policy as a driver or named insured you are going to have a very hard time convincing anyone that he needs to pay rent on a vehicle on the policy

Sorry. I m not following you. I added hes name on my policy after the accident. So he can my drive around. He has he own policy.

I get the feeling this was much ado over nothing. When this started, supposedly the company was slow in responding to the claim, the offer for the vehicle was unfair, and the company refused to pay for the rental, sound about right?

It turns out, the insured was slow in responding to the company, the offer may be slightly low but would otherwise qualify as reasonable, and the injured party was renting a vehicle from a family member, but hadn't actually paid yet.

Typically companies will not accept liability on behalf of their insured without talking to the insured first, which is a good thing. After all, they want to be sure it actually happened, the insured was actually there, and there is a high likelihood a court would find their insured at fault.

Adjusting for the value of cars is as much an art as a science as it is extremely unlikely the exact same car in the exact same condition will have recently been sold in the area. I suspect the adjuster would gladly revisit his offer when presented with any evidence at all that it is low.

As I have said repeatedly, the rental transaction does not appear legit when viewed by a third party. Also, it is quite possible you have created yourself untold liability by trying to do this.

Could it have gone better? Of course, but I doubt all the blame or even a good percentage lies at the feet of the adjuster and the company in this one.

You sure know how to complicate matters. Most states allow permissive use on a vehicle. The insurance on your policy applies to the vehicle. How long is your dad going to drive the car? Adding his name to the policy was most probably not necessary.

I appreciate your reply. What makes you think that rental transaction doesn't look legit.
Which part.? Because he is my father? Or because he didn't paid yet. Or maybe he never used my car.

You sure know how to complicate matters. Most states allow permissive use on a vehicle. The insurance on your policy applies to the vehicle. How long is your dad going to drive the car? Adding his name to the policy was most probably not necessary.

I don't know what permissive user.

I appreciate your reply. What makes you think that rental transaction doesn't look legit.
Which part.? Because he is my father? Or because he didn't paid yet. Or maybe he never used my car.

I've gone over this several times, please see my previous responses.

Back