No income filters for Medicare Advantage leads allowed?

I noticed that the AHIP deems income filters a discriminatory practice for advertising - a little ridiculous, no?

Also, how are they going to police this?

"Engage in any discriminatory activity such as attempting to recruit Medicare beneficiaries from higher income areas without making comparable efforts to enroll Medicare beneficiaries from lower income areas."

I guess a case could be made to say this could apply to both geo filters (bad part of town) and income filters...

I noticed that the AHIP deems income filters a discriminatory practice for advertising - a little ridiculous, no?

Also, how are they going to police this?

"Engage in any discriminatory activity such as attempting to recruit Medicare beneficiaries from higher income areas without making comparable efforts to enroll Medicare beneficiaries from lower income areas."

I guess a case could be made to say this could apply to both geo filters (bad part of town) and income filters...

Most people selling Medicare Advantage would not use income filters. If they did it would probably be to exclude higher incomes. This would provide them the opportunity to focus on LIS and Dual.

Interesting thought; would that be discriminatory against higher income Medicare beneficiaries? If so...?

Most people selling Medicare Advantage would not use income filters. If they did it would probably be to exclude higher incomes. This would provide them the opportunity to focus on LIS and Dual.

Interesting thought; would that be discriminatory against higher income Medicare beneficiaries? If so...?

I don't mind writing MA I Prefer to write Medicare supplement but I do write MA, However, I do not touch the duels, I don't even want to speak with one, Just giving advise can cost me a lot of time, I had one I gave advice to kept calling me back with more questions till I said to stop calling me,Why would I not filter low income.

Here is the answer to all of you guys' questions....Screw CMS! They are not monitoring the demographics of where each agent sells and what class they are selling to. Just another stupid blanket rule that can't even be enforced.

Rules seem aimed explicitly at "MA organizations", which, while not well-defined anywhere that I can readily find, appear from context to be insurers and enterprises providing services well beyond the powers of mortal agents/brokers.....

Back