Non commissionable PDPs

Our agencies Part D commissions in 2023 were $80k +/-.
Sending out AEP letters, collecting Rx lists, running Plan Finders, having clients come in to my office to sign new apps.
I’ll miss the money a little bit. Not all the hard work.
If you had to hire two extra employees to deal with all the extra work in that time frame I'm not sure how you came out ahead financially, even with $80K coming in.

1. It’s Centene. There are no ethical boundaries for them to adhere to. None. Zero.
2. They bought 3.9 million PDPs with an under $1 premium nationwide (25% that were termed on 4/1 due to non payment because SSA hadn’t processed)
3. Everyone ate chocolate covered horse manure. The public AND agents. Well not me, but most people ;)
4. The 2025 changes aren’t new. They knew this was coming. Why do you think UHC and Humana went to $50 in 2024?
5. KFF published the report on 80% of Medicare recipients don’t open the mail.
6. So now, they jack up the premium, screw agents and oh, BTW, there are no options after 12/7 for the 80%. It was deliberate and brilliant (for the stockholders)

2. Where did you hear 25% of Wellcare PDP's were termed due to non payment? Thats insanely high.
6. This definitely was deliberate, 100%. Capitalism baby

Collecting aluminum cans along the Highway pays better
I am both naive and a non-agent so I have a great deal of trouble knowing when you are speaking "truth" from your business perspective and when you are using hyperbole.

However, in other spots right now I think I was seeing popping eyeballs at the idea of $80K, so if I was remembering right about your posts a few years ago, I just thought it was relevant that those same agents would see that that money did not come to you without significant cost, both in terms of physical effort and significant financial cost.

And upon reflection, I wonder if Search and Save became a tool that facilitated deferring a stop decision from then until now?

(and here there are lots and lots of cans that show up in collection baskets for the animal shelter. Not sure how many there are left for the roadways. I might make more getting a license and selling High Deductible Medigap and Dental Insurance than trying to pick up cans! :laugh:)

I never sold Part D to make money. In terms of effort vs reward, Part D is in the wheelhouse of personal dental and HD med gap plans.
I sold Part D for 2 reasons,
1) To provide a service to my clients, and, cement my relationship to these clients.
2) To keep the foxes out of my henhouse!

Part D is in the wheelhouse of personal dental
I mean, the Cigna dental plan is pretty terrific in my area when you take the heap. I think it’s like $250 year 1 and then about $20 renewals, but by year 2 the clients are pretty used to the coverage and they don’t need my help.

I get your point tho. PDP is more a cost of doing biz in this segment of population. Except the relatively low comp still helps defray a good chunk of that cost.

Our Part D monies funded purchases of new Toyota Sequoia’s every few years for my brother and I.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 3
Back