Non commissionable PDPs

Whoever is the winning PDP is, they will not be prepared for the volume.
We haven't even talked about the pharmacy networks, I'm sure those will be reduced also. Preferred vs standard will take on a whole new meaning.

According to Q1 Medicare, Wellcare Value Script has 3.9 million policies. Curious what that will be in 2025.

Yes.. it’s true. I just heard from our Wellcare contact on a call this morning.

Unfortunate. I expressed dissatisfaction in the renewal part. That doesn’t seem right ..but The government/CMS is really the culprit here.

Aetna also will not be paying commissions on PDP GOING forward. (they will pay renewals)

Humana (except the one plan that doesn’t) and United will pay PDP commisions
Explain how if CMS is the culprit causing WC to not pay renewals, the other companies you listed are not affected the same.

Millions less
caveat, not an agent.

Posts here are rife with agent comments about clients not reading ANOC's or agent communications.

Perhaps the Wellcare situation will be a test of that idea this year.

caveat, not an agent.

Posts here are rife with agent comments about clients not reading ANOC's or agent communications.

Perhaps the Wellcare situation will be a test of that idea this year.
I'm quite certain the lion's share of my clients do not read the ANOCs. They just call me and ask for a summary.

Explain how if CMS is the culprit causing WC to not pay renewals, the other companies you listed are not affected the same.
Actuaries (bean counters) have different forecasts on costs (the low prem plans are wrong), and carriers have different RX pricing w certain pharmacies. Carriers are pulling money from other MAPD plans to fund the PDP losses. Other carriers have high premiums, building in commissions. The list goes on and on and on. They flat out don't want the PDP biz.

The smart ones pulled out altogether, and Cigna staying pretty for the upcoming sale to HSCS

Actuaries (bean counters) have different forecasts on costs (the low prem plans are wrong), and carriers have different RX pricing w certain pharmacies. Carriers are pulling money from other MAPD plans to fund the PDP losses. Other carriers have high premiums, building in commissions. The list goes on and on and on. They flat out don't want the PDP biz.

The smart ones pulled out altogether, and Cigna staying pretty for the upcoming sale to HSCS
1. It’s Centene. There are no ethical boundaries for them to adhere to. None. Zero.
2. They bought 3.9 million PDPs with an under $1 premium nationwide (25% that were termed on 4/1 due to non payment because SSA hadn’t processed)
3. Everyone ate chocolate covered horse manure. The public AND agents. Well not me, but most people ;)
4. The 2025 changes aren’t new. They knew this was coming. Why do you think UHC and Humana went to $50 in 2024?
5. KFF published the report on 80% of Medicare recipients don’t open the mail.
6. So now, they jack up the premium, screw agents and oh, BTW, there are no options after 12/7 for the 80%. It was deliberate and brilliant (for the stockholders)

Back