Non Resident Licensing

Hi, I have a question about non-resident licensing. For those of you who are licensed in multiple states, how do you manage staying current with your renewals/CE reqs? Are you just keeping track yourself? Or are you using a 3rd party service to help you keep up with this?

I'm still looking into the process of obtaining non-resident licenses on NIPR, and I came across some 3rd party services,such as License Logix (sorry cant post links), that seem to streamline this process.

Obviously would be convenient to use a service like this, but just not sure if it's cost/time efficient compared to trying to manage the renewals/CE on my own?

Thoughts/insights appreciated! Thanks fellas

The reciprocity is such that if you stay current with CE in your home State, you will be current in your non-resident States. There could be exceptions to that but it's this way with all my non-resident licenses.

Of course, you will need to keep up with the renewal of all your licenses and pay the fees but sites such as nipr.com make it easy for you.

I know what you mean. I have 49 licenses (48 states plus DC). Lots to keep track of. We use NIPR and Sircon.com. Both are good and not expensive. At a glance you can track renewal dates. If you miss one and are late, a state can slam you with a late fee. Worth paying a few bucks to avoid that.

Opportunity for Multiple State Licensed

I am not an insurance agent, but I have been operating a fairly high-profile website for the last few years that provides quotes and generates leads for a licensed agent to close.

The system is automated to text and email the agent when a lead submits a request. 90% of applications are sent as online PDFs for digital signature. In around half of the cases, this means that the agent only needs to fill in the agent’s report and sign the completed application. In the others, it means typical phone calls, emails, and following up on things like APS requests.

A recent falling out with the agent I have been working with leaves me in the position of 1) shutting down, 2) selling, or 3) getting a new partner. To explore the last option, I am posting here.

The business model is pretty simple. We split the revenue that is generated through the website or 800 number. Currently this is around $4000/month (lots of upside).

The main requirement is that the agent is licensed in most, if not all, states.

If you would like more details, please send me a private message.

Back