NY Individual Health Market

I would say $2,800 a month for a family plan is what we will see in the exchange on the Platinum plan.

$2,800 a month for a family plan is what we will see in the exchange on the Platinum plan.

Is that before or after the tax credits which of course will run in perpetuity?

But wait, there's more. National risk pool insurance is available in NY.

Healthy person who takes care of themself: $1,200/mo
Unhealthy person in the NY pool: $500 month

Yep...that's fair. Makes me want to go out and get a few DWI's so I can lower my auto rate.

Yep...that's fair. Makes me want to go out and get a few DWI's so I can lower my auto rate.

What did you expect from politicians who believe drug addiction is a disability and provide SSDI, Free Methadone plus paying mileage to get the fix. I was talking with my mechanic the other day who has a relative who shall remain nameless lives with three other addicts, they list their addresses as so and so box 1,2,3,4 even though the share the same apartment they drive down in one care and pick up mileage 4 times works out to $1.20 per mile not a bad deal. And we haven't gotten into the TANF portion where welfare pays the price of the car and insurance, food stamps and everything else, oh and they all work under the table. My mechanic has repeatedly reported them to the Mainecare fraud investigators...I spoke with one once he was the spouse of a 403(b) client and what he said was he had another year till retirement and if he was able to get ONE (1) person off the system it would be a good year...when I asked why only one he told me the commissioner of DHHS in Maine says there is no fraud in the system and they are incouraged to find every stumbling block to slow the process down (and this is the fraud dept). The case workers coach you to lie because there is no quick check of the recipients Maine Tax Return its all self certifying.

I know some people will read this and think me heartless, but I would prefer a system that rewards people and actually helps them get off the program...Oh and there is no wait period you can cross the border today walk into any town office and say you are homeless in that town and General Assistance starts flowing immediatly.

Last edited:
you can cross the border today walk into any town office and say you are homeless in that town and General Assistance starts flowing immediatly

I believe Mexico borders Maine.

EXACTLY!!!!!

All you have to do to save $700/month is not pay your premiums for 6 months!

Back