ODesk, ELance, Criagslist, Etc...

As business is ramping up I am finding less and less time for me to be making my own cold calls, especially in the evenings when people are home the most. Coincidentally this is also when they are wanting to set appointment times...

Anyway, I am trying to find someone who can cold call/appointment set for me a few days a week in the evenings and on Saturdays.

I was planning on just finding someone local through job boards or Craigslist but then I came across oDesk.com and eLance.com.

I like the thought of someone from oDesk or eLance having experience cold calling/appt setting but I am somewhat hesitant since they won't be local (like someone from a job board or craigslist).

Has anyone here had any experience with oDesk or eLance? What should I expect from their process in working with people on those sites?

I like oDesk for programming/computer type projects, but not so much for cold calling. I've had good luck with craigslist looking for telemarketers, but it does take more work to find the good ones.

I have used both, have had the best results with Odesk, they have that monitoring software for activity that I like, it helps me stay on top of my workers, and see how their measured activity compares to their lead generation numbers.

I used Filipino girls with barely noticeable accents. Make sure you ask to send a wave file of their voice. Also, attach the script they will be using, have them record 3 times their take on the script. That way you can listen to them, and screen them better.

Not sure if you are utilizing a dialer, but they should be to obviously increase efficiency. Have them take copious notes, and to build the pipeline. They should be asking for the appointment, if not, finding out vital information, renewal dates, current company, premium etc. The very least the telemarketer should be asking to follow up to see how they are doing in 3 months as a courtesy, 3-6 contacts per hour of dialing should agree to be contacted again in 3 months, pipeline leads. That way, month 3 they are calling warmer leads, every 3 months of employment of calling, they are calling warmer and warmer leads, funneling leads through the pipeline.

done rambling....odesk

I have used elance only for web design. Odesk seems like the better option. I like the idea of having them send the WAV file as well.

Back