Old American Insurance Company

suzys

Expert
Anyone had experience working with Old American Insurance Company?

Considering but hope to find someone working with them..thank you!!:biggrin:

Seems to be a fine company. Just way overpriced. LH type pricing. I love finding OA about as much as LH, BL or PM.

Anyone had experience working with Old American Insurance Company? Considering but hope to find someone working with them..thank you!!:biggrin:

They are going to have the same problem that any captive company has. You are limited to one company's products.

They are easy to beat on price.

Your commissions will be lower than other agents make.

Your cost of leads will likely be higher.

Read the pages about Getting Started Selling FE here www.FexContracting.com

They have a very expensive product, their contract level is not as good as others, and they will charge you full price for leads. At least, this is how it is with our local OA agency!

With that being said, if they have a local office for you to go into and get training, you may want to go for it. Proper training can make or break a new agent.

They are going to have the same problem that any captive company has. You are limited to one company's products. They are easy to beat on price. Your commissions will be lower than other agents make. Your cost of leads will likely be higher. Read the pages about Getting Started Selling FE here www.FexContracting.com
Your wrong. The Manager in Cleveland Ohio area will let u have appointments with Americo, NGL, Great Western and Foresters. Not captive anymore it's up to the person or agency that you were under. And their BMP is very comparable to Americo and Forster's.

----------

They have a very expensive product, their contract level is not as good as others, and they will charge you full price for leads. At least, this is how it is with our local OA agency! With that being said, if they have a local office for you to go into and get training, you may want to go for it. Proper training can make or break a new agent.
Contract level is between 90 to 100% and they have a monthly- quarterly bonus.

----------

Your wrong. The Manager in Cleveland Ohio area will let u have appointments with Americo, NGL, Great Western and Foresters. Not captive anymore it's up to the person or agency that you were under. And their BMP is very comparable to Americo and Forster's. ---------- Contract level is between 90 to 100% and they have a monthly- quarterly bonus.
I am appointed with them and I also read for these other companies even though I am retired after 30 years of service I just do it part time but even a full-time agent can do it also the last meeting we had in my managers office was 9 agents there any passed out over $20,000 in bonus checks

----------

They have a very expensive product, their contract level is not as good as others, and they will charge you full price for leads. At least, this is how it is with our local OA agency! With that being said, if they have a local office for you to go into and get training, you may want to go for it. Proper training can make or break a new agent.
OAIC in June will start TV commercials at $19 a lead this was at the meeting I was at a home office representative was there and showed us the commercial is going to be like.

----------

----------

OAIC in June will start TV commercials at $19 a lead this was at the meeting I was at a home office representative was there and showed us the commercial is going to be like.

Like I said, contract level is not as good as others and their agents pay FULL PRICE for leads. The OM agency near me pays even less than 90%.

FYI, TV Leads are great, too bad you will never get 20 a week in any given are near you. It just doesn't work that way! TV Leads come in State Wide, unlike direct mail, where you can get a lot per county or even zip code.

Like others have mentioned, we like OM. They are one of my favorites to replace.

Your wrong. The Manager in Cleveland Ohio area will let u have appointments with Americo, NGL, Great Western and Foresters. Not captive anymore it's up to the person or agency that you were under. And their BMP is very comparable to Americo and Forster's.

----------

----------

I am appointed with them and I also read for these other companies even though I am retired after 30 years of service I just do it part time but even a full-time agent can do it also the last meeting we had in my managers office was 9 agents there any passed out over $20,000 in bonus checks

----------

He will let you have those other 4 companies? That's the definition of captive. Bet you have to get them under him too huh?

Independent agents don't have to be allowed. We can do what we want.

He will let you have those other 4 companies? That's the definition of captive. Bet you have to get them under him too huh? Independent agents don't have to be allowed. We can do what we want.
I really don't care I don't need the money only do it part time.

O A new preferred product is actually pretty competetive, it must pay a lower commision because I don't run into it very often. When I do its in the top 20-30 % of the rates

Back