Old Settlers Agents

Nope, It was a decent product. But i was committed to another co for that plan
I enjoyed writing it. It is a shame that it is what brought about the insolvency. Martin Frankel defrauded them out of $44 million in reinsurance on the product. he even hit the big guys like Capital Re and Aetna but they were large enough to withstand their losses. It is amazing who all were involved by Frankel.
https://larouchepub.com/eiw/public/...0730_046-the_martin_frankel_swindle_how_h.pdf

Fat kids, skinny kids, Kids who climb on rocks; Tough kids, sissy kids; Even kids with Chicken Pox?

Their baloney had a first name. It's ....

I think it's "My baloney has a first name..."

I was thinking of

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner
That is what I truly wish to be
cause if I were a Oscar Mayer Weiner
everyone would be in love
oh everyone would be in love
everyone would be in love with me
And after all those hot dogs and baloney, you’ll need to remember “Plop, plop. Fizz, fizz. Oh what a relief it is!”

Their customer service can now be described with one word .... NONE

I had a beneficiary call me today and tell me they were trying to pay her $1,200 on a 5K policy written in 2017. Insured died 03/04/2020.

When I looked at his file,his pay to date 02/03/2022. Had been paying like a slot machine,
Policy Status: Reduced Paid Up
Face Amount $1,200
Death Claim

Keep an eye out for your old clients. Many wouldn’t question these mistakes and take whatever Settler’s would send them.

Had another Settler’s client pass six weeks ago. I am working with the beneficiary. When I checked on the claim it showed it was in Surrender status !

Terrible !

Last edited:
They were a piece of shit company when they were in business. Why would anyone expect any different when they are out of business?

They were a piece of shit company when they were in business. Why would anyone expect any different when they are out of business?
They were a great company before NGL took over. I still have policies on the books from back then. I hope the new TPA handling the Settlers block will do right by my clients.

They were a great company before NGL took over. I still have policies on the books from back then. I hope the new TPA handling the Settlers block will do right by my clients.

Old CS when they were open was decent. But now,especially post Covid,the entitled generation of CS reps,paper shufflers are the dumbest,laziest species on the planet at nearly all companies.

We are living in a whole new area of unaccountability.
There’s a complete lack of motivation to get anyone to give you more than the bare minimum. People have been groomed to be completely self absorbed.

I printed off,downloaded complaint forms from DOI’s in the states I have policies on the books to furnish clients getting horrible CS.

I tried to write them starting around 2009. I don't know who owned them then but they were awful. They were worse than Trans on customer and agent services. I was contracted with them for 7 or 8 years. Wrote less than 10 applications with them. They out of business because they deserved to go out of business.

I tried to write them starting around 2009. I don't know who owned them then but they were awful. They were worse than Trans on customer and agent services. I was contracted with them for 7 or 8 years. Wrote less than 10 applications with them. They out of business because they deserved to go out of business.
The original company was taken into receivership in 1999 following the Marty Frankel embezzlement that @rousemark mentioned earlier. That debacle took down about 30 smaller regional companies like Settlers. NGL took over either later that year or early the next year. They pretty much left the company alone to run as it always had for a few years after. At that time they were pretty much confined to a handful of southeastern states. 2009 was about the time they started expanding into other states and making other changes. All downhill from that point.

Last edited:
Back