Old Settlers Agents

Caveat, not an agent.

You two need to give it a rest. Let jdeasy worry about his carriers and you worry about yours.

Did I miss something LD? I haven't seen Don dishing out crap at anybody. :huh:

Telling an experienced agent what percentage of his sales he should be doing with some particular carrier is somewhat out of line in my book..

Noah is being even worse.

I usually don't respond in these threads because I am not an agent. I asked lots of questions several years ago because I had thought I might try selling, but that would have been a mistake of epic proportions (for me). Actually I didn't really follow any threads in FE for a year or two.

I responded in this one specifically because of an exchange between noah and jd. noah asked jd a question and jd's response was "18 years of experience". noah seemed to be dismissing that as a "non-answer" that jd was using to hide specific sales approaches.

I took exception to that because I knew what jd meant and it was a "real" answer. I can't put it into words, but I know at a visceral level that it is true.

A few weeks ago I was asking a question in an insurance thread. I didn't ask very clearly, or it was a broad topic, or something. I don't remember exactly. 2 or 3 people made comments that were not close to what I was asking about and then jd showed up in thread and said almost exactly what was in my mind. After another comment/question, he did the same thing again. It was unnerving because it was like he was inside my head seeing the words running across one of those led word screens. THAT was 18 years of experience and if he can listen and respond like that in the field, it is no wonder he can sell so much.

What I see in this thread is noah and don abusing his southern courtesy by asking questions, getting answers, and then throwing the answers back in his face--basically saying "real insurance sales people wouldn't do it that way". There may be insurance nuances there that I don't understand or pickup on, but that's how I saw stuff going through the thread and why I responded the way I did. I think I am done responding here.

It's really not you "two". I'm not asking any questions. I don't care what others do.
I'm sorry. There were some indefinite person references there-the way you commented was not in my mind. I was thinking don and noah. See my response to goillini.

I have really been admiring your responses and the level headed way you have made them.

Telling an experienced agent what percentage of his sales he should be doing with some particular carrier is somewhat out of line in my book..

Noah is being even worse.

I usually don't respond in these threads because I am not an agent. I asked lots of questions several years ago because I had thought I might try selling, but that would have been a mistake of epic proportions (for me). Actually I didn't really follow any threads in FE for a year or two.

I responded in this one specifically because of an exchange between noah and jd. noah asked jd a question and jd's response was "18 years of experience". noah seemed to be dismissing that as a "non-answer" that jd was using to hide specific sales approaches.

I took exception to that because I knew what jd meant and it was a "real" answer. I can't put it into words, but I know at a visceral level that it is true.

A few weeks ago I was asking a question in an insurance thread. I didn't ask very clearly, or it was a broad topic, or something. I don't remember exactly. 2 or 3 people made comments that were not close to what I was asking about and then jd showed up in thread and said almost exactly what was in my mind. After another comment/question, he did the same thing again. It was unnerving because it was like he was inside my head seeing the words running across one of those led word screens. THAT was 18 years of experience and if he can listen and respond like that in the field, it is no wonder he can sell so much.

What I see in this thread is noah and don abusing his southern courtesy by asking questions, getting answers, and then throwing the answers back in his face--basically saying "real insurance sales people wouldn't do it that way". There may be insurance nuances there that I don't understand or pickup on, but that's how I saw stuff going through the thread and why I responded the way I did. I think I am done responding here.
It was obvious that Noah's been trying to start something with JD the past couple of days.

So JD's a mind reader?

JD, what's LD thinking right now? :)

They'll take kids any age on insulin Level as long as never more than 50 units a day. 0-85. Fat kids under 15 ok, no height/weight. Single Pay, 10 Pay, 20 Pay, Paid Up at 64 and Paid Up at 85. Has child rider. Takes credit card on initial payment(only).

Fat kids, skinny kids, Kids who climb on rocks; Tough kids, sissy kids; Even kids with Chicken Pox?

Did you sell the cancer plan and the Huff-Cook products?
I think I wrote 1 or 2 cancer plans before they decided to get out of that business. I wrote some Huff-Cook here and there, but mostly wrote Settlers FE plans.

Last edited:
Back