One Card System

This one deserves a bump.

Some within this post referred to OCS as a system. Yes the actual one-cards and the 1-31 dividers are a way of staying organized, however anyone who has ever read the book by Al Granum that accompanies the OCS, "Building a Financial Services Clientele" understands that this book is not a "tracking system" but rather a mathmatical and philosophical way to approach and understand our business.

There are many great motivational and inspirational books you can purchase regarding this industry..this however would not be one of those. It is a textbook for how to train your brain to view activity and success based upon working not getting lucky.

Yes, it works. I used it initally over 30 years ago and it taught me good habits I still use. sceDallas

I Am New To The Insurance Business. I Was Told That The One Card System Was A Good Way To Learn How To Approach A Prospect And Get The Conversation Started About Life Insurance And Take Me Step By Step On How To Get The Sale. Could i get some advice to whether or not this system is worth the money?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Its too easy to get an external hard drive and have it back your entire system up every 30 minutes, once a day, when you first fire up your system of a morning. $50 bucks and you can have a 250gig external system that backs up 100% of your computer as often as you like. But, I'm also old school and use pen and paper daily. sceDallas

until your computer crashes and you lose all of your data! its always nice to have your prospects on paper!

Last edited:
I couldn't get those links to work, when trying to read this.

So I found this one that does work:

National Underwriter - Managing Through the One Card System
$109 on that site. It's $247 on Amazon.com.

"Managing Through the One Card System provides step-by-step instructions for managing one or many financial representatives using the One Card System, the most successful practice management system. Drawing on more than 75 years of combined management expertise, noted One Card System consultants and authors Barry Alberstein and Delia Alberstein have once again collaborated with industry leader Al Granum to create the definitive text on proven management techniques for succeeding with the One Card System at the agency level."

I know this is an old post but I thought I would bring it back to life. I think if a person will use the One Card System that they will not fail. The book Building a Financial Services Insurance Clientele10th Edition Textbook is a gold mine.

One Card System

The OCS is MANY systems in one package:

- Activity Tracking (100+ points per month is an ideal month)
- Client/Prospect Follow Up (manual CRM using 3x5 cards; YIO is much better at this than the OCS)
- Practice Management Textbook

As xrac has said, the key is having activity and a model to help you keep yourself accountable to having the proper activity for success.

But having ORGANIZED & FOCUSED activity will make you a lot of money!

BTW, the The Virtual Assistant | The Complete Financial Advisor Toolbox will also teach you how to put together your own cardfile box and print out your own weekly planner with a point system that's similar to the OCS. They even have a "textbook" to train from that (I think) is even better than the OCS textbook.

Back