OneAmerica CEO says death rates among working-age people up 40%

So deaths are up 40% in a group of people who are not at a very high risk of death overall and are not at a high risk from the chimeric virus SARS-Cov2.

There can be many explanations for these increased deaths in a group of people who do not normally die for no reason. Perhaps it's strokes and heart attacks? Perhaps it's that people who would normally be under a doctors care are foregoing that because they have been told to be scared of a virus that has a low ability to actually kill younger people?

Perhaps it's the VAERS data showing up in the mortality data of an insurance company?
Govt. data reveals over 946K people suffered injuries or death from COVID-19 vaccinations

So I'm having a lot of trouble with this. The pandemic has been going in the U.S. for just under 2 years. It's a country of about 350,000,000 people, and about 830,000 have died with covid. That's under 1 in 700 people a year. Still less than are dying from diabetes, obesity, or heart disease. How does he come up with a 40% increase?

He says he is "seeing" a 40% increase in working class people between 18 and 64, but the average age of death from covid is 78.89 years old (with 2.6 co morbidities, by they way). I am just not making sense of this. Just more media fear mongering.

And I'm sorry, but if someone is 78.89 years old with 2.6 co morbidities, frankly, they're already dead: don't blame covid. My dad is an 82 year old ex smoker with a heart condition and anemia. Whatever "kills him", be it a flight of stairs, a scary movie, an uneven sidewalk, a spicy sandwich, or Tuesday, can't be blamed.

So I'm having a lot of trouble with this. The pandemic has been going in the U.S. for just under 2 years. It's a country of about 350,000,000 people, and about 830,000 have died with covid. That's under 1 in 700 people a year. Still less than are dying from diabetes, obesity, or heart disease. How does he come up with a 40% increase?

He says he is "seeing" a 40% increase in working class people between 18 and 64, but the average age of death from covid is 78.89 years old (with 2.6 co morbidities, by they way). I am just not making sense of this. Just more media fear mongering.

And I'm sorry, but if someone is 78.89 years old with 2.6 co morbidities, frankly, they're already dead: don't blame covid. My dad is an 82 year old ex smoker with a heart condition and anemia. Whatever "kills him", be it a flight of stairs, a scary movie, an uneven sidewalk, a spicy sandwich, or Tuesday, can't be blamed.

You didnt read the article did you....

I’ve read that nearly 1 in 7 deaths are on Tuesdays. I feel the time has come to outlaw them.

I’ve read that nearly 1 in 7 deaths are on Tuesdays. I feel the time has come to outlaw them.

taken out of context & factually incorrect. Friday & Saturdays have higher death rates by 1.33%. So, really only .99867 out of 7 are on Tuesdays. it may not seem significant (like most of my comments), but over the course of 75 years in a Country with 350M people, it will mean nearly 700,000 fewer people will die on a Tuesday than Fridays & Saturdays. You're welcome

taken out of context & factually incorrect. Friday & Saturdays have higher death rates by 1.33%. So, really only .99867 out of 7 are on Tuesdays. it may not seem significant (like most of my comments), but over the course of 75 years in a Country with 350M people, it will mean nearly 700,000 fewer people will die on a Tuesday than Fridays & Saturdays. You're welcome

He said nearly 1 in 7. Then you said he was incorrect, that it's .99867 out of 7, which is in fact nearly 1 in 7, just like he said. So you're agreeing with him. You're welcome. :twitchy:;)

Back