OneAmerica CEO says death rates among working-age people up 40%

Fine, if you want to get pedantic, then I didn't say that's what he said. He did say it was from the pandemic, though, so it's heavily implied.

He specifically said it was not due to the disease itself.
Thats not pedantic, its factual accuracy.

You ranted about Covid deaths in an effort to say it was fearmongering .... which was totally irrelevant to the statement the CEO made since he specifically said the deaths were not from the Covid disease.

By why let facts get in the way of ranting against the "enemy"... other than the fact that we are supposed to be mature adults ... or neighbors... or fellow citizens....

And if you google the original article and hear more of what he said, he actually cites state death statistics in backing up his claims. Not saying any of it is accurate, he could have pulled the numbers out of thin air, Im certainly not the one who is looking them up to verify. But it was not based solely on One America claims.

He specifically said it was not due to the disease itself.

which was totally irrelevant to the statement the CEO made since he specifically said the deaths were not from the Covid disease.

I don't see anywhere in the article where he says the deaths are not from Covid. One could interpret that as a possibility from his statement, but that's not what he says. Maybe that's what you gleaned from it, but that's not what it says. Below is what he says. So either you are the one that needs to work on your reading comprehension, or you and I are reading two different articles.

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic,” Davison said. “It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”

Since this thread has a bit to do with COVID, here is an excellent article that puts the vaccine and other mandates into a logical perspective:

https://www.coryzue.com/writing/coming-clean/

While I don't agree with every word of the article, I would allege that we ought to bring some common sense into public policymaking and dispense with the virtue signaling, scolding lectures, and the like.

Nearly everyone I know has moved on from the pandemic obsession and has gotten on with their lives. At least around here I can still go to Texas Roadhouse without getting carded for HIPAA-protected personal health information.

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic,” Davison said. “It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”

He clearly says right there that the deaths are not COVID related. He said they are happening during the pandemic, but not because of COVID.

Not sure what you are reading, but what you said you read and what you posted dont match.

He is saying that COVID deaths are not the reason. Plain as day. Unless you infer something thats not there to support your feelings about the overall pandemic in general...

I don't care that all of you are quibbling about the numbers reported by Oneamerica's CEO. He said deaths among the working age are up by a huge amount. If you don't want to link that proof with the covid vaccines, that's your choice and your right. I am, however, linking it with the jabbed and would prefer to not be around those shedders and spreaders. So just like the vaccinated are demanding, I'm demanding that I not have to be enclosed in an office with spreaders.

He clearly says right there that the deaths are not COVID related. He said they are happening during the pandemic, but not because of COVID.

Not sure what you are reading, but what you said you read and what you posted dont match.

He is saying that COVID deaths are not the reason. Plain as day. Unless you infer something thats not there to support your feelings about the overall pandemic in general...

MAY NOT be doesn not mean is not from its a possibility but does not say it is

“He added that about 84% of OneAmerica’s workforce is vaccinated, and “we have heard loud and clear from our vaccinated employees that they want no part of working in an open office environment with unvaccinated associates,” Davison said.”

Let’s see, you’re a “vaccinated” employee and you don’t want to be around other “unvaccinated” colleagues because you don’t want to get the virus?

Dictionary.com – "Vaccine": A vaccine is a substance introduced into someone’s body to prevent them from getting a specific disease. It usually consists of a small amount of a killed, weakened, or otherwise modified version of a disease (such as a virus or bacterium). Vaccines work by allowing your immune system to develop defenses against that disease, called antibodies, so they can destroy it if it ever enters your body again.

What’s the point in getting the vaccine? These 84% of employees have already been vaccinated and I’m sure a large percentage has been given the booster shot. These folks don’t have anything to worry about…they’ve taken the vaccine. Why put a mandate on the others? They’ve chosen to not be vaccinated and it shouldn’t affect those who have been vaccinated.

Back