Opening Call Center & Need Some Final Touches

Connor Troast

hi guys,

Right now looks like I’ll be opening a 15-seat Final Expense call center with a few other lead publishers in Los Angeles. We’ll be planning to scale to 30 people quite quickly.

So first things first, I’ve considered starting out using Prosperity Life, Foresters, Sentinnel Life for their tele-applications but I want to get some feedback from you guys.

First, does anybody know of a WL carrier that will take debit cards (not limited to direct express) that can also be sold over the phone?

We will be taking approximately 2250 inbound calls each week and I am projecting initial first week numbers at 300 policies. Does anybody know any carrier insurers that can assist us in allowing taking credit card payments through a trust account? Thanks

Assurity does take debt cards / credit cards through their eapp I believe.

Prosperity is okay because they take direct express but that's about it to be honest. Since you're selling over the phone you'll need to do a 15 minute eapp THEN do a 25 minute phone interview. Dumbest thing ever.

That's why I switched to selling Term over the phone. I still have agents who sell FE over the phone but the term agents are doing way better. 5 minute agent facing eapp & live transfer to the carriers call center and you're done. No SSN or bank info needed. (Carrier has someone call client and set appt to get that info in person!)

FE carriers have the worst app processes lol

hi guys,

Right now looks like I’ll be opening a 15-seat Final Expense call center with a few other lead publishers in Los Angeles. We’ll be planning to scale to 30 people quite quickly.

So first things first, I’ve considered starting out using Prosperity Life, Foresters, Sentinnel Life for their tele-applications but I want to get some feedback from you guys.

First, does anybody know of a WL carrier that will take debit cards (not limited to direct express) that can also be sold over the phone?

We will be taking approximately 2250 inbound calls each week and I am projecting initial first week numbers at 300 policies. Does anybody know any carrier insurers that can assist us in allowing taking credit card payments through a trust account? Thanks

Sentinel is awesome. Prosperity is decent.

What is a lead publisher?

I suggest avoiding credit/debit card business as much as possible but there is a company we have that takes all cards. PRCUA wanna fraternal company.

Are your leads generated legally? How do you know? If some guy you met on LinkedIn is promising you they are but no proof your probably heading for a lawsuit.

From your post it doesn't seem that your actively writing FE over the phone? 15 agents is a lot to start with if your new to this. Hopefully you have someone with a lot of expertise helping you.

Last edited:
We only do Final Expense Telesales and have been doing it for 10 years we run a very large call center and have 100's of agents. I recommend you stay as FARRRRR away from credit cards as possible unless you want to go out of business in your first year.

Also, I am curious how you plan to write 300 apps with only 15 people in your first week. That would mean that each agent would have to average around 20 policies. This is HIGHLY unlikely if you are doing final expense telesales. Did you mean your first month???

hi guys,

You do this and lunch is on me . . .

connor toast's boasting posting sorta sounded like your old pots. In fact, I kinda figured that the OP was a new user name for you. Does this mean you are talking to yourself again?

I never talked to myself . . .

connor toast's boasting posting sorta sounded like your old pots. In fact, I kinda figured that the OP was a new user name for you. Does this mean you are talking to yourself again?

Thankfully the building I was opening in got sold. Gave me a chance to think about it. I chose to just be me for awhile since I pivoted to Term and Employee Life.

Got a cool pool table out of it ;)

Back