Options for 58 M on Disability & Has Medicare A & B - Silversript

Kjcuneo

Was asked by 58 M if I can help with prescriptions cost. I am new to Med Advantage (did AHIP but still working on carriers requisites)
58 year old male in TEXAS who has diabetes and had a by pass 2 years ago, smoker, recent chemo for lung cancer (remission)
Said cost of drugs through silverscript has been high.
He states Medicaid won't work due to income from disability.
Options ?
Thanks

goodrx cash discount plan

Progressiverx
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/progressiverx-goodrx-pdp-alternative.89422/

Canadian pharmacies
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...mendations-for-canadian-pharmacy.84815/page-2

(Note: I am not an insurance agent but I am on medicare and have: purchased relatively inexpensive drugs at the pharmacy using a discount plan (different one than goodrx); purchased drugs through progressiverx; and purchased drugs from a Canadian pharmacy on the pharmacy checker list.)

I would also suggest running his drug list through Medicare.gov. In Kansas at least, there are new PDP's on the market this year-you might, or might not, find a cheaper alternative for him within the PDP system. (after 2 years on Silverscript, I will be changing to a different plan for 2019.)

Was asked by 58 M if I can help with prescriptions cost. I am new to Med Advantage (did AHIP but still working on carriers requisites)
58 year old male in TEXAS who has diabetes and had a by pass 2 years ago, smoker, recent chemo for lung cancer (remission)
Said cost of drugs through silverscript has been high.
He states Medicaid won't work due to income from disability.
Options ?
Thanks
Check all the MAPD options as well....sometimes their Rx coverage is pretty good....and many times $0 premium with PPO options

Texas only offers Plan A for disabled Med Supp.

Is there a reason he isn't going on a MAPD?

Otherwise, use the plan finder and figure out a better Part D.

Thank you to the professionals on this thread. I didn't know people would become vulgar when asking for help how sad. I assume the insuranceforum was for some suggestions on help but I can see from some people they don't know how to be professional

Reactions: FRJ
The problem is you seem to be not experienced enough to actually help him out. Why not pass it on to someone else?

Got it taken care of after receiving more training from regional office of a major Medicare Advantage company. Area manager and training worked. Completed Med Advantage for 1-1-19, client happy and wrote 3 more from it.

Back