Oxford Life VS. Standard Life (Casualty)

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

I look at it the other way around. I don't want to be surprised after the fact. If in doubt I always call UW before I offer a company...if they say no, or say something less than Level, I'll go with another company. I also prefer the companies that give approval after the POS PHI. I've had to go 3 deep before. I want it now, because if it gets declined 2 weeks after I'm there...I might not get back in.:yes:

I've noticed quite a few companies have KO info in their UW Guide that isn't on the app. You really have to look at both.:yes:

I have yet to see a company that requires the insured to sign the underwriting guide and most companies do not include prescriptions on the application.

I have yet to see a company that requires the insured to sign the underwriting guide and most companies do not include prescriptions on the application.

Actually, about 1/2 the companies are requiring the insured to sign the UW Guide. LOL

I think you're joking, but just in case. "KO info in their UW Guide that isn't on the app." I don't see where I suggested they'd have to sign the UW Guide.
:laugh:

Many companies don't ask for the meds on the app, but do a script check.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

I didn't ask about a specific case just wanted to verify that you could get a diabetic covered at the same premium as "healthy" folks. They volunteered the extra info. I would still go by the app but if they started taking insulin at age 40, I would have a "plan b" in place. As far as complications of diabetes, nephritis is not on the application and Rearden says they issue those cases.

Actually, about 1/2 the companies are requiring the insured to sign the UW Guide. LOL

I think you're joking, but just in case. "KO info in their UW Guide that isn't on the app." I don't see where I suggested they'd have to sign the UW Guide.
:laugh:

Many companies don't ask for the meds on the app, but do a script check.

My point is, the applicant just signed the application, nothing else. Once it is issued, the company bought it if applicant wouldn't pass everything on the underwriting guide but would on the application.

Of course, companies do love to contest claims and I suspect they are rarely challenged.

What does signing the UW guide have to do with anything?:goofy: If it's not on the app, but in the agent guide and you send it in? They will decline it and when you ask why, they will refer you to your agent guide. You will say, "Well, it isn't on the app". They will say, "And....?". No soup for you!:no:

What does signing the UW guide have to do with anything?:goofy: If it's not on the app, but in the agent guide and you send it in? They will decline it and when you ask why, they will refer you to your agent guide. You will say, "Well it isn't on the app". They will say, "And....?". No soup for you!:no:

I see I really need to spell this out for people. Obviously Ben gets it.

If you go strictly by the app and the company issues the policy, then it is good. Now, if the underwriting guide says no, but the app says yes, you may want to have a back up plan.

You won't make many friends in claims down the road, but you would have gotten your people a policy.

I see I really need to spell this out for people. Obviously Ben gets it.

If you go strictly by the app and the company issues the policy, then it is good. Now, if the underwriting guide says no, but the app says yes, you may want to have a back up plan.

You won't make many friends in claims down the road, but you would have gotten your people a policy.

Tell that to Trans. Please! Because I recently sent in a med sup app and that's exactly what they told me. No soup for me!:no:

Tell that to Trans. Please! Because I recently sent in a med sup app and that's exactly what they told me. No soup for me!:no:

That is because underwriting caught it. I'm referring to when they don't, and you would be amazed at how often stuff doesn't get caught.

Back