Paid Arrangement?

I've read Pilzer's book twice. After the first read I started thinking about how to propose this to existing clients & prospects. It was only after talking with a few clients did I realize how revolutionary & provactive this concept is. Most of them did not want to entertain the notion so I backed off.

With the continued double digit increases, I'm wondering if I need to reread it a third time and rethink the best way to present to prospects. Hmmm...maybe I should just present to prospects and leave the clients alone for now. Your thoughts?

I'm finding the few that I've talked to also say "Wow", may just be a tad too much for many to comprehend. Yet I wouldn't approach clients but prospect to small businesses as a Voluntary Life and Health Consultant that can step in and take over that part of the business for them, of course for a fee. If they are not offering any medical or insurance benefits I can come up with some basic packages, just need to have that payroll deduction. Plus being a consultant paid or not IMHO would open avenues to all employees esp. if you get an office (some place where the employess can scheldule an apt at work) to work from say once or twice a month.

access for truly AFFORDABLE coverage for those who are currently uninsurable.

How do you want to fix it?

Strip the benefits to the point of being almost worthless coverage?

Subsidize the cost via increased taxes?

Charge EVERYONE who has health insurance a higher price so the uninsurable can get coverage at a lower price?

Those are the only 3 choices. Pick one.

If our legislators make all individual health insurance guarantee issue there will be no need for agents!

NY, MA, ME, NH & VT are all guaranteed issue states.

Are you saying there are no health insurance agents there?

the idea of universal healthcare

Medicare is universal health care for those over 65.

The plan is weak which creates a need for carriers to enter the market. There are quite a few agents on this forum who make their living working in the "universal health care market".

I am not familiar with Pilzer's book, but the concept of a defined contribution benefit plan is very slowly gaining traction.

The problem with moving the coverage from a group chassis to and individual chassis is underwriting.

Eventually you will hit a snag along the way and run in to the person that is uninsurable.

You also have the problem of adverse selection. If you carve enough folks off the group plan the carrier will cancel the case if all they are left with are a handful of sickies.

"Solving" the health insurance problem is easy for those who are writers & pundits. They lack the real world experience and fail to understand the dynamics of what they propose.

How do you want to fix it?

Strip the benefits to the point of being almost worthless coverage?

Subsidize the cost via increased taxes?

Charge EVERYONE who has health insurance a higher price so the uninsurable can get coverage at a lower price?

Those are the only 3 choices. Pick one.

Oh hell, you a rich guy, we'll just send the bill to you!:idea:

I'm finding the few that I've talked to also say "Wow", may just be a tad too much for many to comprehend. Yet I wouldn't approach clients but prospect to small businesses as a Voluntary Life and Health Consultant that can step in and take over that part of the business for them, of course for a fee. If they are not offering any medical or insurance benefits I can come up with some basic packages, just need to have that payroll deduction. Plus being a consultant paid or not IMHO would open avenues to all employees esp. if you get an office (some place where the employess can scheldule an apt at work) to work from say once or twice a month.

The 1st time I read through the book I said to myself, "Holy #$@%, this is brilliant. Let me talk to the veterans and get their input."

The 2nd time I read the book I said to myself, "Hmmm, I am going to have to look more into the small group market to fully understand the concepts and applications of the advice."

The two aspects about the book that still get to me are as follows.

1) 8%+ annual returns on HSA funds to get the inflated figures w/out discussing "how" to achieve that level of return, nor the pros/cons of going for the gold. It seems that 3-5% is the norm across the board. If somebody knows of other avenues I am VERY INTERESTED!

2) As Somarco and a few others have pointed out there seems to be a a few flaws, although it is not definitive to date. You go in and take a small group.....let's say under 20.......all off their group plan and either give them an individual health plan or state issued coverage. Here is the kicker- What do you do with the folks who are uninsurable or cannot obtain state issued coverage? I am all for individual plans 99% of the time for anybody that can afford the premium if it is warranted, but their is a downside involved to his method that needs to be analyzed more in depth.

Nope.

I live in GA. Have since 1978. Wife & I grew up in Knoxville.

That's near the twin cities of Maryville & Alcoa . . .

Back