Paid Arrangement?

Interesting.

I would not anticipate anything major happening to take business away from the independent agent. Aetna products offered thru AARP will still have to go thru underwriting, and still have the same results you find now.

Unless Aetna is willing to completely design new products from the ground up, and go through all the state filings & approvals, the products thru AARP will be the same offered by you & me.

hehe...I just spoke with Tom over at Zane HRA. He was very helpful in explaining exactly what they do.

Glad to hear you got some useful information. I enjoyed the discussions I had with them a few months ago as well. Care to share your experiences with the board since the group market is your forte?

It is always a nice thing to see some of the more experienced agents like yourself take the time to follow through with things.

-J.R.

United HealthCare, not Aetna (although they may be using Aetna in some states for some product lines).

This is nothing more than products already available from United. They do not private label products. Same plans as available direct or thru a broker. Same rates & underwriting.

Nothing earth shattering.

Chuck low deductibles, copays, etc in favor of a HDHP + HRA/HSA.

Chuck the employer plan for individual coverage.

Looks great on paper.

Rarely works the way theorists want it to, especially in a group setting where folks have health issues. Eventually the plan falls apart.

Individual plans have their place, as do group plans. The key is to understand when to use group, when to use individual cover.

Beyond that, opting for HDHP + HRA/HSA is always a better choice.

Or simply prospect and locate the employment enviroment that can benefit from individual plans. Like say most employers under 20 people would likely fall under this scenario, since the owner or owners around here rarely offer or willing to pay for group coverage in money or time. The HDHP+HRA and HSA combo is great if possible.

Doesn't always work even with small groups.

I have several 2 - 3 life groups where someone (usually the owner) cannot get coverage anywhere. Group is the only option.

I have several 2 - 3 life groups where someone (usually the owner) cannot get coverage anywhere. Group is the only option.

I just hate it when someone unhealthy throws a clog in a sales pitch, dang sick people!:D

No doubt that will happen, yet I lost Life Sales because someone just couldn't make it through underwriting. Oh well that is why its called prospecting.

Miners2.gif

you can get them a group plan, then cancel it and when owner gets his/her HIPAA certificate they can apply for an individual plan. Of course they may get a 150% rate up, but the point is--it's doable!

Back